facetime

i'm forcing myself to write. idk i just don't feel inspired and i just don't have any motivation right now. but since i love y'all (the 5 people that read my book) im going to continue but i cant promise a long chapter.
(vote and comment)

the school day had ended and i was in my room on a group facetime with malakai, giovanni and faith

the school day had ended and i was in my room on a group facetime with malakai, giovanni and faith. the rest of the school day was mediocre so there's not much to say. went to 2 more lessons and then went home with giovanni and faith. not much.

"helloo kali!" faith shouts trying to get my attention. "oh yeah sorry , i'm listening i just zoned out. sorry." i explained to her and she nodded her head smiling " don't worry about it . oh yeah , did jay message you?" she asked me. jay hadn't messaged me and i was pretty sure that she wasn't going to message me any time soon.

"uh... no but im sure she will later. what happened at lunch was crazy." i expressed . gio replied " right, i don't know why she's so protective over me. like i would date a girl i met like yesterday." as he laughed.

blank stare.

why is he replying to me? i know that it wasn't a big deal. like it's literally a nick name but it's the principle of itt.

please tell me you understand what i'm trying to say.

the call stayed quiet as everyone waited and looked at me for a response but i didn't give him any sort of reaction.

i turned my attention, "anyhoo , malakai? faith? any thoughts?"

"yeah, imma be real jays my girl but what she did was crazy. but i don't really like choosing sides so can we please add her to the call." faith begged and malakai hummed in agreement.

i added " yeah . disregarding that whole thing at lunch ion have no issue with her so you can add her. i don't really care."

i saw the phone ringing as they added jays phone number.

i rolled my eyes. even though i said there's no problem there definitely is a problem.

she said i love male validation? where did that come from? shes a weirdo.

i heared the door creak open and i rapidly mute , turn off my camera and turned down my volume even though my airpods are in. i saw my sperm donor start to creep in.

"what?" i say annoyed already. i could tell that this was going to be a long conversation.

"your aunty fumi, my elder sister called me last week to tell me that she is doing her 15 years wedding anniversary tomorrow around 6-11pm and she expects to see you there." he informed me.

"dad, why are you only telling me this now? you have had a whole week to tell me and your choosing to tell me now. nah i'm not going , tell me earlier next time."

"look kali i don't have time for arguments. you are going end of discussion. and look presentable not with your track suits that your always wearing." he said before he slams the door.

in times like this i really miss my older brothers.

he's so annoying. why does he always do this? i'm not ready to see those judgement aunties and their potbelly husbands that always give pedo vibes. child me thought that when we moved to UK there would be less family here but i thought wrong.

there's even more africans here than in canada!

i waited to hear the sound of dad entering his bedroom.

i unmuted and joined back into the conversation that they are having. and i see jay's annoying ass who by the way still hasn't sent me that apology text i've been waiting for.

i showed my face again and a bunch of 'hi's!' and 'heys' echoed through my ears . jay stays quiet. then i see faith, kai and gio go on mute and turn off their camera. did they plan this when i was AFK?

"i just wanted to tell you that i'm sorry for the way i acted before it..." she paused then continued " wasnt right. and i'm sorry if i made it awkward for you and gianni." i cringed at her using the nickname he had given me to use for himself. but like she said ' i'm not special ' .

"uhm. i guess it's cool but TRUST ME i do not want giann- my mistake giovanni and he does not want me. y'all can definitely do your thing. " i said and she clearly felt relieved as she took a took a deep breath and held her hand on her heart.

i may have said just said that i'm cool but that's very far from the truth. i guess on the first day i read her wrong. she's most definitely a weirdo who i have to watch out for.

the call was silent for a split second before faith kai and giovanni unmuted again. "now that y'all have squashed this unnecessary beef , LETS PLAY ROBLOXXX!!" faith screamsed down the phone as if it wasn't 15 minutes past midnight . we all laughed at her.

i only knew her for like 2 days but i could tell that this is her personality 24/7. i re-downloaded roblox and changed into my signature pink pj's.

---

3 hours had past when jay , kai and faith had fallen into deep sleep. it was only giovanni and i. i scrolled on tiktok whilst he was on 2k with only God knows who. i felt sleep taking over me.

giovanni must have seen this because he asked me "you ok?" i hesitated before answering. 'are we still angry at this man?' 'why are we angry at this man again?' before i realised that i actually had no reason to be angry.

i had known him for 1 day prior to the incident. "nothing , just tired." i truthfully said "oh, finally talking to me?" he jokingly said.

i rolled my hazel brown eyes at him sarcastically before bursting into laughter. it wasn't even funny . i was just in the mood to laugh.

the call went silent.

"goodnight gianni."

"goodnight ali."

---
1023 words!
right now it's 3:24 on a sunday and i've only made one chapter this whole week. which means i either can make 3 chapters this upcoming week or try to rush and make the next chapter right now.

anyhoo... make sure y'all comment and vote and all that shiii. BYEEEEEE😢