'lovebirds'

i woke up to the sore feeling of a stinging cheek

i woke up to the sore feeling of a stinging cheek. how is it still hurting i questioned myself. "WHATS THE TIME!" i screamed suddenly realising that i was going to be late to my second day of school.

7:45. i rushed out of better kicking myself knowing that i could've set an alarm to wake up on time.

i took a brisk shower and got changed to a white crop top with a black zip up hoodie and grey sweat pants.

(this but with a grey zip up hoodie)

i practically ran downstairs and checked to time to see that it was 8:30. i already knew i was going to be late. school starts at 8:40 and the walk is 30 minutes

"good morning mom , dad." saying the last part with a bit of attitude.

"morning , kali i believe that we need to talk about what happened yesterday evening." my dad declared. i don't want to talk about what happened. he always does this.

beats me, slaps me then tries to act like everything is all unicorns and rainbows. not this time. i'm fed up of this. "sorry but no, i don't have time for this and i need to start going." i replied and swiftly sprinted out the door before he could reply.

i began my 30 minute walk. i put in my air pods and started playing my playlist.

some of kali's playlist:
what you heard - sonder
static - steve lacy
i must apologise - pink pantheress
nice for what - drake
( some songs that i think kinda match her vibe not really sure what her vibe is yet...)

i'm halfway through 'i must apologise' when i hear i loud honk from beside me. imagine if it's gio again i laugh to myself.

i look to my left to giovannis black bmw once again.

"stalker!" i yelled making sure he clearly knew i was talking about him. he laughed loudly and responded "i was going to drive past but my mum always told me that if you see a lady in need , help her.".

who did he think he was?

"why are you assuming i'm in need?" i countered. "ok , ok . my fault. i'll let you walk the 25 minutes left to school when it's 8:36 and you are most definitely going to be late when we have mrs moss." he waved an imaginary white flag and shrugged his shoulders in defeat as he started to drive off.

it dawned on me that i was going to be late so impulsively i screamed "wait!" and his car came to a halt. i pace fully walked to his car and jumped in the passenger seat.

gio glanced at me smugly. "shut up." i told him as he stared at me in shock with his hand on his heart sarcastically. " what did i do." as he burst into laughter. "i don't want to talk to you right now just drive." i ended the conversation.

we finally arrived at school at 8:47

so what was the point because we were still late.

"last one there is a rotten egg." gio roared before pacing to the maths corridor. " wait up i don't know what subject i- , you're so immature . wait up!" i started before i started sprinting after him.

i was quite fast for my age but had never ever considered track or any type of sport, just not my thing. all the classes that had already began watched us as we zoomed past their classes as the sound of our running feet echoed through the hallway. i ended up catching up to gio as we stood before mrs moss' class.

the full classroom stared at us as we knocked on the opened door waiting for mrs moss to acknowledge us. "well , this is not the best first impression that someone could make is it. showing up late with one of our star students, i hope you aren't influencing him." mrs moss began.

i opened my mouth to speak but felt gio kicking my leg as if to say 'don't say anything.'. i took his non verbal advice and mrs moss began her dramatic monologue again " well since you lovebirds want to be late you can sit together and both have 30 minute detentions together. consider it a date." she finished sarcastically.

"we arent-" i began to argue when gio interrupted me "alright miss m , it won't happen again." she nodded in approval. no wonder that's her 'star student' more like a teachers pet.

i bit my tongue trying not to let her have it. so rude for what? gio found his seat and i trailed behind like a lost puppy. the girl who was previously sitting next to gio started to pack her stuff and gave me dirty looks. "i'm not after your imaginary man, you can chill." i verbalised.

the girl kissed her teeth and walked to the empty seat next to jay. i'm assuming where i was supposed to sit. i waved at jay and she gave me a weird look. the fuck is her problem? i thought to myself. oh well.

i tried to pay attention to the lesson but my mind kept on going back to mrs moss' weird comment. "love birds" , side eye. we are barely friends.

whilst i'm in deep thought gio says as if he can read my mind " ignore miss m , she's said that with every girl she sees me with. even with jay and she's my best friend, trust me you're not special." . " damn that hurt a bit . got me feelin special." i fake cry jokingly. giovanni side eyes me and i quickly put his mind to rest " i joke , i joke.".

the rest of maths flys by. to summarise miss was talking about something about sin cos and tan. ion know something like that.
the end of maths came and i started to make my way to jay to talk to her and about that weird face that she gave me.

i was in arms length of jay when the whole school heard "giovanni davis and kali brown please make your way to the principals office, immediately."

---

1056 words!
im trying to do 2 chapters a week but i'm just going through some things.
how can i get run over😨.

anyhoo vote and comment🏃🏽‍♀️🚓.