21. wanna be my dance partner?

a/n: hello!! i just wanted to say, this is NOT the last chapter. i'm planning to continue the story and add more drama even after rui and y/n are together.
.
.
.
y/n pov

over the days of practice, rui never showed up. i continued to worry, but miku always reassured me and told me he was doing just fine. i believed her and just focused on the routine.

i planned to confess to rui after our next show. i'd catch him right before he leaves and tell him how i really feel. my mind has been constantly drifting off to the thought of rui. has he already lost feelings? will he believe me when i tell him? will i be too late?

"y/n! hellooo" emu called out, waving a hand in front of my face. "are you okay?"

"huh? oh yeah- im fine." i said as i snapped back to reality. (oh there goes gravity)

"miku said we could take a break. OH! she also said we're moving the show to this friday so be prepared!" she smiled. i could tell she was excited. 

this friday? i mean, i guess i could make time for the show. i had planned a meet up with suzuki to talk about the rui confession, or as she calls it, the "project get y/n's man".  i took out my phone to text suzuki. i clicked on her contact and began to type. 

in msgs

y/n <33

hii!! i don't think i'll be able to make it to the cafe on friday :(( our show got moved to the same day. 

suzu :O

awh man.. how about tonight? i have something i need to talk to you about, and it's IMPORTANT!

y/n <33

yeah, sure i think i can make it tonight. 

suzu :O

alright, i'll see you soon then y/n <3

exit msgs

i placed my phone on top of my bag and returned to practice.

---------- time skip <33-------------

as i neared the cafe, i was able to see suzuki sitting at the window drinking her coffee. i entered as the sweet jingle of bells rang through the door. suzuki glanced toward the door and smiled at me. i took a seat next to her and a waiter came to ask for my order. 

"would you like anything for tonight ma'am?" the waiter kindly asked. 

"i'll just take a f/d please!" i responded. the waiter smiled and nodded, and went back to the counter to make my order. 

"soo, what was so important?" i asked suzuki. she quickly turned to face me and grabbed onto my shoulders. 

"we NEED to get prepared for the show! if the show is this friday, then the confession is this friday." she gently shook me. "i know you're really nervous, but don't worry. i'm here for you."

i sighed, remembering the last day i saw rui. the feeling i felt when i found out he saw hiro kiss me. the worry in my heart when i never saw him again. 

i slowly nodded as suzuki hugged me. "don't worry, it'll be alright. no guy could ever get over you that fast." she giggled. "aiko would always feel bad for hurting you y'know."

"alright. what's the plan?" i quickly asked her. she grinned and excitedly took out a notebook. 

"alright, first we need to know a time. where do you plan to confess?" she started scribbling about in her notebook.