Chapter eleven

A/N: I'm sorry it's kinda sloppy writing, I'm leaving for a school trip today and didn't have time to really edit and make it nice.

I looked at the boy in front of me, watching him move as I did, mirroring every small gesture that I made. The boy had the same colored eyes as I did, the same shade of green in his hair, the same bags under his eyes. The boy wore the same clothes that I did, simple dark clothing that nobody would spare a second glance at on the street. Just like I was.

He was me. He was the reflection that I avoided seeing every morning for as long as I could.

My eyes flitted to the black collar lining my neck. It was something that I haven't taken off since Shinso gave it to me months ago, only doing so when I'm getting a shower. The clasp was as familiar to me now as writing. I haven't seen the boy that made it to where I have to wear such a thing since the last day at my old school, but it felt like his ghost was haunting me every time I thought of the damage on my body.

I brushed through my hair, not trying to tame it since that has always proved to be a pointless endeavor, before leaving the bathroom as if it had caught fire. When I walked into the living room, Mom was sitting at the kitchen table with the mail set infront of her and an opened pile to her right as she made her way through it all.

I went and stood behind the seat to her left, not having the time to sit down. I looked at my mother, waiting for her to finish the paragraph she was on before talking to her, not sparing any time when she finally glanced up at me.

"I'm going out to see Eri," I told her, keeping my eyes trained on the woman and away from the single letter laying by itself on the table in front of another seat. In front of my seat. "I'm going to stay till the end of visiting hours, so I'll be home a little late."

She smiled gently in response. I'm glad that Mom took so well to the little blue haired girl. I'm glad that the two of them got along well when the two of us visited her together. Eri deserves a good parental figure in her life, and Mom deserves the chance at having a good child. One with a quirk, even if the quirk in question is a little more dangerous than we thought.

Rewind: the ability to rewind the state of a living being.

The doctors figured out that this was what her quirk did when one of them tried to take another blood sample to send it a quirk doctor for testing, not wanting to risk taking the girl herself, and Eri freaked out, her quirk activating on its own. The quirk canceling capabilities in the walls were turned on when the other doctor present in the room saw the girl's horn glowing brightly and their colleague seemingly becoming younger. No one was truly harmed as the reversal was only a few months by the time they realized what was going on, but it was still enough to make them not want to do any tests without me present.

"Tell Hitoshi that I said hello," my mother said, an odd knowing smile dancing on her lips. I didn't really understand what it was that she knew that I didn't, but I was too tired to ask and chose to just turn to leave instead.

I didn't get that far though.

"Izuku," my mother called out before I could turn all the way. I turned back to her slowly, reluctantly. When I saw her again she was holding a letter out to me, handling it as carefully as one would a bomb. "At least put it in your room."

I nodded, grabbing the paper that I'd been trying to avoid and forget. I only get letters from one person, when they remember to send them that is. I walked over to my room, opening the door wide before throwing the letter like a frisbee, not even looking to see where it landed.

I'll deal with it later... or never.

Mom gave me a sad look while I walked to the door, like she knew what I just did. I just chose not to look at her.