Chapter twenty-five

Shinso POV

UA Sports Festival.

We'd known that it was coming for a few days now, ever since classes started back after the USJ attack, but it felt a lot more pressing, a lot more real, as I stood in the waiting room with the rest of Class 1A. The only thing that seemed to keep my nerves from being set on edge was the show of testosterone between Bakugo and Todoroki only moments before, each of them claiming to beat the other as they each seemed to believe that they were each the strongest in the class. It was an entertaining sight for those that didn't have a stake in it.

It wasn't long before we were ushered from the waiting room into the tunnel that would lead us out onto the field as President Mic began screaming introductions for the first years.

"CLASS 1A!" He screamed out, when I looked up into the announcer's box, I could see that he wasn't even using a microphone, but just his own quirk to do so.

The stands were tall and filled to the absolute brim as the people in them started to look more and more like colorful dots than human beings. The people screamed out as well as we all appeared, excited to see what the class that has already faced villains on their own would show them. It made me sick and longing for this to all be over so that I could spend the rest of the day cooped up in Izu's room, eating the cookies that his mom makes while we talked and made fun of the second and third year students Sports Festival instead.

The rest of the courses and classes filled out only the field as the names were called as well, though only class 1B seemed to hold the same determined light as my class did. All of the rest looked like they wanted to be here just about as much as I did at the moment.

This should be interesting enough I suppose.

—-

Izuku POV

I watched on the TV as the classes were called out, easily finding Hito's flash of tall purple hair among his classmates before the screen switched to the R-rated hero Midnight introducing the first year student representative.

"Your student representative is, from class 1A, Katsuki Bakugo!" The teacher called out enthusiastically, waving her arm as she used a feather duster almost like a Pom Pom.

"Fucking hell," I cursed while watching the boy on the screen walk up to the top of the platform, hunched over like a wounded animal before standing stall and defiantly once more.

Of course he's the representative, who the hell else was it going to be, idiot.

Thoughts and emotions that didn't show on my face swirled around in my head with enough ferocity that I almost missed the athlete's oath that the asshole was meant to be giving.

"I just wanna say," he started, his voice being the calmest that I had ever heard it, for a moment I wondered if he'd actually grown up and matured but then, "that I'm gonna win."

...And there it is.

The student body that was gathered there all broke out into a small uproar that I wholeheartedly agreed with as the teen joined his classmates. I knew that the boy was an arrogant prick, but I hadn't truly believed that he would be stupid enough to show so on live television where heroes looking for who to take for the internships and villains alike would be able to see him.

He's not as smart as he thinks.

The first task for the competitors to do was an obstacle course, something that Hito placed comfortably in, not drawing too much attention to himself or his to make it more of a surprise for the final event. Which was a good thing since a point system had been attached based on how you did, making Bakugo the prime target, something that I took a little too much joy in.