Chapter eighteen

Izuku POV

This time when the gravity was stolen from beneath me I was expecting it and knew to roll to the side as I landed, watching with slight disdain as the villain, Tomura, walked out of his own little warpgate created by the quirk user. Honestly I didn't know if the trio didn't trust me to walk through one willing on my own like I had before, or if they just enjoyed watching me fall. Really it was something of a toss up between the two options.

Assholes.

But the small burst of aggravation was soon overshadowed by the cold burn of fear blooming in my chest from the sudden banging noises coming from deeper inside the newest room that I've been brought to since my initial abduction.

So much for sticking to a secondary location like most kidnappers tend to do. Not that it matters since no one is actually looking for me.

Much like the previous room, everything here was dark. Little to no light shone down from the old, flickering ceiling lights hanging almost hazardously above the three of us, the warpgate user, Kurogiri, naturally having come with us on our latest escapade of the night.

There were cages at the heart of the room, about five of them from the first glance. Each of them had some kind of large mass within it, each mass moving more energetically than the last as the line went on. As my eyes adjusted, I could see just what these masses were.

Each of them looked to have skin as dark as freshly poured tar with bird-like features attached to the unquestioningly human eyes and exposed brain. Nomu, the villain had called them.

They looked like they'd been biogenetically engineered, seeing as how they all had a similar appearance, but the man... my father, had said that they were failed.

Some of them, despite some light fidgeting that could be found in almost any ADHD child, looked to just be sitting in their little cells, almost like they were waiting for orders or a command like some kind of computer program. Others however, were loud. These were the ones causing all of the noise as they banged against their cages like feral animals still stubbornly trying to escape.

Numbly I realized that this must've been what's happened to the people that have gone missing over nearly the year. Though since there were only six cages, I didn't know what'd happened to the rest of those that were unwillingly taken from the streets, however I wasn't foolish enough to be,I've that they remained unchanged after all of this time if the humanoid creatures before me were any indication of what was done here.

Tomura shot me a strange, inscrutable look as he went to sit down at a small stool next to a messy desk in the corner of the room. Almost seeming to hide there, making himself smaller and more unnoticed so that he didn't have to go through what I was about to. A part of me wanted to be mad at the man that I was supposedly supposed to be calling brighter if my father's twisted logic was any indication, but I knew that in a situation as warped as this self preservation should be put above the boy that you didn't know existed the day before.

The man made of mist walked over to where I was before heading towards the center of the large room, motioning for me to follow him. I wanted to run, but I knew that if I did then things on my wrist and ankles would do much more than give a light shock as a reward for my attempts.

We walked to the farthest left cage, a nomu that was by far the calmest of its brethren, quietly sitting in the middle of the cage like some kind of misshapen doll that no one had the sense to throw away when they had the chance. The creature didn't even register it when Kurogiri opened its cage door wide open and let me inside there with it.

"This one is slower than that of the rest," the warpgate user explained, gesturing to the biogenticaly created being in front of me, "but it follows orders the best out of any of the failures."