Chapter twenty-nine

Izuku POV

The next few days passed quickly as all of the legal documents were squared away and my enrollment was finalized. My mother was made to believe that the Principal of UA had taken an interest in me after he'd heard about a chance encounter that I'd had with one of the heroes under his employment. Of course the encounter between Eraserhead and I hadn't truly happened in the way that the creature had told it, but my mother had been much too stunned at the time to see all of the jarring plot holes there, just as the chimera had known that she would be. Which was how I found myself standing in the principal's office, dressed in the UA school uniform with my newest teacher standing beside me and the rat himself sitting behind his desk like a king sitting up in his gilded throne.

That's how I found myself with cuffs around my wrist once more, digging lightly into the wounds there, protected only by a thin layer of white bandages. Quirk canceling cuffs at that.

"Are these really nessasary?" I ask in my usual montone voice, showing off my worst to the chimera before me though I knew that he understood what I meant without the movement.

"They are," Eraserhead says, his boice firm, leaving no room for questions. The voice of a stern teacher.

In that moment, in all of the time since the metal had first wrapped itself around me after stepping onto campus early this morning (really since waking up in the hospital that day but too many other things had been clouding my mind for to pay much attention to it), something visceral, something violent, had began to het up inside of me. It was something so forgien to me and yet so familiar that I couldn't really place it, even as it tried to consume me from the inside out.

I don't bother looking at the pro hero, I hadn't done so since he slipped the cuffs onto my wrists at the gate of the school, claiming that I might try to run away if he did not. I knew that he saw the bandages, they were terribly hard to miss after all. And I could tell from the hesitant way that he held the metal that he'd been told just what they were from, and yet he'd still done so anyways. I could forgive hurting someone when you didn't know that you were doing so, but this was by no means that.

"Now Mr. Midoryia," the Principal starts, drawing the attention of the room back to himself, "I assume that you remember all of the rules that you must follow as a member of the vigilante rehab program." The creature had a strange gleam to his eyes, as if waiting to see what I would say.

Yea, the extensive list of no fighting outside of hero training, no leaving campus during school hours, no deadly weapons on campus and all of the other rules of similar manner that followed just after. A long list of what I had assumed until being given the list was common sense that for some reason the being felt that there was a need to have written down. I do not want to know why he had felt the need to do so.

I nodded to the chimera and thought that I might have imagined the dissatisfaction that had flickered across the creature's face before dismissing the pro hero and I.

The walk to class was tense as Eraserhead continued in a fruitless and apparently frustrating effort to catch my eye, to see anything but a blank gaze staring straight ahead. I honestly didn't think that he understood what he was asking of me through that gaze. Emotions get you killed and for the first time in a year now I seemed to be almost brimming with them, visceral things.

"Wait here," the hero instincts before slipping quietly into the class just after the bell had rung. I almost hadn't noticed the sound that had been coming from the other side of the door, not until the hero's presence had killed it so thoroughly that it was hard to imagine that it had even existed at all.

The door itself was tall, taller than any door had any reason to be other than to accommodate those with mutation type quirks that give the user an impossible height. Still, for as tall as the door was, it did absolutely nothing to block out the noise coming from the other side.