Chapter fourteen

Izuku POV

The moon shone down brightly as I made my way through the shadows of the night. The sounds of the city were a quiet trumb in my ears as I ran through the night city streets, keeping an eye on every movement around me.

Most nights I ran aimlessly, not actively looking for trouble, but letting it find me instead. Typically, I kept to a populated city area that became something of a patrol route for me through the months, but tonight my running wasn't aimless or just for stretching out my sore limbs.

Tonight had a purpose.

I was the one looking for trouble for once.

Tsubasa, it was a name still fresh on my mind even after a few days of hunting with it. I'd been roaming the streets at night, looking less for crimes being committed and more for the missing teen these past few days. I'd been roaming around, looking into the area surrounding the neighborhood that we'd grown up in and surveilling the spot that the other boy disappeared from, along with the area around it.

Knowing Tsubasa the way that I did and knowing quirked peoples' tendencies despite not having one of my own, I knew that it was somewhat probable that the boy hadn't been taken at all as I'd originally thought, but was just messing around with his friend and their quirks like he did when we were little.

But at the same time...

I couldn't get the image of the way that the winged teen stood there that night, glancing around the street like a man being watched out of my head. Something about that scene made it hard to believe that what happened the other day was just mindless juvenile crimes like what he and Bakugo used to do in the park with the other quirked children.

So here I was, canvassing the areas again for any trace of the other teen or the person that took him, knowing that criminals normally come back to the scene of the crime sometime after it takes place to cover their tracks.

Not that it was helping much.

I'd been bouncing back and forth between these areas for days now, but nothing out of the normal had turned up.

Not that I was really expecting it to.

With teleportation type quirks or quirks that act similar to them in some way, the people involved had to all but try to leave any evidence behind for others to find. It was one of the reasons that the government tended to keep a good eye on those with these quirk types.

A silent sigh escaped my lips as I walked away from the area that Tsubasa was taken from, finding nothing yet again. But I could still feel my heart rate speeding up with each step that I took going back towards the apartment. Probably because I wasn't going back to the apartment complex at all.

I was going to the neighbor just by it.

Walking quickly, I snuck through the rows of houses, looking for the one that I could just barely remember from my early childhood. It was a decently nice house, one near the Bakugos', in the back corner of the neighborhood, something comfortable enough to fit Tsubasa and both his parents with two of them having wing type quirks.

It was late in the night by the time that I found the house, late enough that any normal citizen should be in bed asleep by now unless they worked the night shift somewhere else. However, almost all of the lights were still on in their house despite the strangeness of the hour.

One of the kitchen windows was cracked open, letting the early summer air into the home, and letting the voices floating around inside out.

Creeping closer, I crouched down below the kitchen window, pressing myself as close to the wall and as deep into the shadows cast by it as I could. I could hear the conversation going on inside, hear Tsubasa's parents talking inside at their dining room table, concern lacing each of their voices.