Chapter Two

Tyler already knew that he wasn't going to have a fun time being stuck at a party surrounded by women. Especially since Tomie had volunteered him to the designated driver for several of her sorority sisters. But the bachelorette party proved to be unbearable for him. Twenty drunk women in their mid-twenties dancing to loud music, singing and talking loudly, and having some of the dirtiest conversations Tyler had ever heard. He knew that men were stereotyped for having dirty minds, but these women? The guys at his shop would blush if they have the stuff that was coming out of their mouths!

At least the rental is nice, he thought. A very nice cottage on the lake with a huge deck and dock. He took the opportunity to explore the downstairs, which consisted of a sizable living room with sliding doors leading to the deck; a dining room with a long table; a large craftsman kitchen; a small bathroom, and a laundry room. Thankfully neither Tomie, nor the bride-to-be, or the other sorority sisters were interested in swimming. Tyler was content with chugging a bottle of water and being left alone.

Unfortunately...

"Tyler!" Phyllis—or was it Maxie? They were both blonde and he couldn't tell them apart—skipped over to where he was seated in the living room and twirled around. "What do you think? Is this dress me?"

"...I guess?" Tyler answered perplexingly. The blue dress was so tight on her that he wasn't sure how she could breathe. And it was so short that he could almost see the bottom of her ass poking out from the bottom of the skirt. Why did she twirl if her skirt doesn't swoosh? he wondered.

"Tyler, don't be like that!" Phyllis/Maxie whined at him. Her face was flushed from the amount of alcohol she had already drunk. "Be brutally honest! Is this color me? Am I hot in this dress?"

"Sure," Tyler said dismissively. He looked around to see if he could find Tomie. She owes me BIG for this, he thought.

"Tyler!" The bride-to-be herself, Stacey, suddenly fell into his lap and hugged him tight. She was a fiery redhead with big brown eyes and a curvy figure that Tyler knew that most men would not be able to resist. But when she hugged him, her large breasts pressed hard against his face. "Tomie told us all about it! What kind of jerk would cheat on a guy as hot as you?!"

"Stacey, he's gay!" One of the other sorority sisters (Tyler had already forgotten her name) admonished her as she pulled the bride off Tyler's lap.

"Oh, I know he's gay Melody!" Stacey snapped at her. She forced a smile at Tyler. "Let's go shopping together, Tyler! Shopping always makes me feel better after a breakup!"

Tyler's brow rose at her very odd statement, but the familiar irritation that he hadn't felt in a long time started to surface inside of him. He knew what was going on; these women were treating him like a stereotype. Because he was gay, they assumed he was into fashion and liked "girls trips". So they treated him the way they treated other women, and they assumed he was into the same interests as they were. Except he wasn't. He was a mechanic; he liked getting dirty while working on cars and casually drinking beer with his coworkers. Sure he paid attention to his appearance, but he couldn't care less about the brands of clothing he wore. What was the point with caring too much about his clothes if they were just going to end up dirty anyways?

It's so funny how they assume they know everything about me just because I'm gay. I'm attracted to men, but I'm not part of their "girl group". What the hell is Tomie telling these women about me?!

He regretted not taking aspirin as he watched the women dance to music that vibrated in his ears, and spill drinks all over themselves and the floor. His brow arched when he saw that no one made a move to clean up their own messes. The homeowner isn't going to like this.