Chapter Ten 🔥

Tuesday was not exactly an ideal time to have a date night, but Malcolm's club was closed on Wednesdays and so he could stay over without interruptions on a Tuesday night. They would only have a couple of hours though, as Malcolm was working late on Tuesday, and Tyler had a morning shift on Wednesday.

At least I don't have to worry about dinner, Tyler thought amusedly. He had purchased a television and PS5 on sale, and got a stand from a thrift shop and set them up in his bedroom. He primarily set them up in there because his living room was still lacking in furniture. And since he didn't have a lot of games for his console, he primarily used it to watch DVDs. He enjoyed falling asleep while watching movies.

Just before 10:15 he got a text from Malcolm that he was on his way. Though his apartment was still a work in progress regarding furbishing he took a moment to tidy up and make his bed. Malcolm liked to shower after work and he had gone out and bought toiletries he knew Malcolm preferred. It would be the first night Malcolm spent the night in his new apartment and he wanted to make sure the other man was comfortable.

Tyler checked himself in the bathroom mirror before bursting into laughter. "What am I doing?" He was dressed in pajamas, clearly hadn't shaven and looked exhausted. He shook his head and narrowed his eyes at his reflection. "This is a sleepover, not a date," he told himself.

When Malcolm rang the doorbell Tyler still checked the peephole, and he was a little alarmed to see Malcolm wearing a slightly angry expression. He quickly opened the door. "What's wrong?"

"Tired," Malcolm said, shaking his head as he entered Tyler's apartment. He had an overnight bag slung over his shoulder. "It was a rough shift tonight."

"Go and take a shower," Tyler said. He flinched slightly as their voices echoed in the empty main room. "The bathroom—"

"I know where it is." Malcolm suddenly turned to him and pressed his mouth against Tyler's. It was a quickly, closed-mouth kiss but Tyler felt a spark straight to his knees. When Malcolm pulled away he managed a smile. "I'll be quick."

"Take your time," Tyler told him. He turned up the heat and went into his bedroom. Malcolm preferred sleeping in his underwear or entirely in the nude, so he wanted to be sure he wasn't freezing when he got out of the shower. He sat down on his bed and rifled through his box of DVDs. Ten minutes later he was debating between a live action movie and an anime when his bedroom door opened. "Are you—ACK!" his voice broke off and he quickly stood up, sending DVD cases crashing to the floor. "W-What the hell happened to you?!"

Malcolm was standing in his doorway nearly naked except for black boxers he was wearing. He was towel-drying his hair, but Tyler's gaze was on his chest. Specifically his left pectoral. There was a large circular bruise two inches above his nipple. He hurried over to Malcolm and reached for the bruise, but his fingertips stopped just above it. "Is—Is that a bite?!" he demanded, meeting Malcolm's gaze.

Malcolm smiled wryly and draped the towel around his shoulders. "I invited a patron onto stage to dance with me during my set. She got a little...carried away."

"What the fuck was she, a vampire?! She damn near drew blood!" Tyler finally touched his skin, gently tracing around the bite. He cursed under his breath. "I'm sorry," he said sincerely.

Malcolm's smile relaxed. "Makeup will cover it up, but I obviously won't be dancing with patrons for awhile."

Tyler sucked in a sharp breath. He felt the obvious question on the tip of his tongue, but the swallowed the words. "I-I'll let you choose the money," he said, waving him towards the bed. He held back the question because it didn't feel appropriate.

Do you think maybe you should quit?

"Ooh, you've got quite a haul!" Malcolm laughed. He stretched out on his stomach and rummaged through the DVDs that were strewn on the floor. "I want to laugh tonight. Do you have any comedy's?"