01 - A different kind of casting

God, if you are up there... Why did you put me in a situation like this?

A question that has circulated through Wooyoung's mind ever since he arrived at this place. He was sitting here, on a cold and white bench inside of this small building, and he kept asking God what he did wrong in his life to end up where he was right now.

Deep, deep inside of him he knew that this was simply his fault (read as: decision) but putting the blame on something or someone just seemed easier at this moment.

He looked over to the two women that sat to his right on the same long bench as him and felt a little weird. With his elbows piercing his thighs and head hanging low he closed his eyes and sighed. This whole situation made him feel so small and vulnerable, and what he hated, even more, was the fact he made it seem like he had no other choice. There was always another way, but right now was a time in which he didn't have the luxury of choosing.

His eyes shot up when he heard the next person getting called inside. It was a woman, like everyone else here was too, and his leg started to bounce slightly. The person speaking was the same guy he saw a week ago and the memory replayed in front of his eyes...

One week ago

Not even the coffee scent that surrounded Wooyoung was strong enough to overshadow his worry. With a sigh he let his eyes drop down to where only foam was left of the hot chocolate he finished a minute ago, some of his black hair strands falling into his view. From the corner of his eye, Wooyoung witnessed a wet cloth sliding across the wooden surface before he heard a familiar voice speak to him.

"Downing one hot chocolate after another won't help you push your problems aside, you know?"

Wooyoung's eyes shot up to his best friend. His lips curled into a weak but playful smile and he lifted his eyebrows while leaning forward. "I know, Yeosang, but since I already am drowning in problems, I might as well drown in free drinks, right?"

Yeosang could only smile. Giving free drinks out to Wooyoung was the least he could do to help him. In some sense it made him feel less guilty about the other's situation even if he wasn't the reason for it. He just wanted to be there for Wooyoung as best as he could, that also meant listening to him while working sometimes. "Will you talk about it?"

"The usual. Just worse," Wooyoung started while Yeosang took the order from a guy in a black suit, "The bank won't help out anymore. I don't know where to get the money for my dance classes now. Fuck, what if this really is my end?"

While Wooyoung buried his face in his hands with a groan, Yeosang shot him a few worried glances while preparing the order. And the guy in the suit? He also threw Wooyoung a glance here and there, sneakily listening to the stranger's money problems.

"Here you go!" Yeosang smiled while handing over the drinks to the guy, neatly sorted in the bag.

The man in the suit thanked him and was about to leave, but he turned around again and placed the bag back on the counter. Yeosang lifted his eyebrow at the man's odd behavior, the expression on his face changing to a surprised one shortly after.

"You are in need of money, aren't you?"

The words were addressed to Wooyoung who snapped his head to the side to face the stranger. "Excuse me?"

"I- Sorry. Maybe I should introduce myself first. My name is Yunho and-"

"Well, Yunho," Wooyoung interrupted the guy and showed him a forced smile, "did no one teach you that listening to private conversations is rude?!"