13 - Moonlight

It was cozily warm in San's car. San turned on the heaters immediately when he started the car and the warmth helped Wooyoung to feel comfortable. Both were vibing to a Taemin track at that moment, and San kept his eyes focused on the road while Wooyoung did some subtle dance movements with his arms.

There were still around two hours left until they'd reach their destination. San drove a little slower than he usually would because of the snowfall, but that was fine. It would be afternoon once they'd arrived, which was perfect.

When they talked about this day three weeks ago, both agreed on introducing San as Wooyoung's boyfriend. Wooyoung had shivered jokingly and said that his parents would kill him if they knew that he married someone without telling them.

So here they were, on their way to Daegu to spend Christmas with Wooyoung's parents. San felt somewhat nervous but also excited to get to know the people who raised the person sitting next to him. He wondered from whom Wooyoung got his pretty smile — the smile that was so bright it could light up any room, and he wondered how the parents would react to him. San was determined to make a good appearance, but it was also important to him to not look out of the ordinary.

Wooyoung thought that the gray pullover San wore fit him very well. A single silver earring decorated each of his ears and overall he looked relaxed and peaceful. It was nice seeing him like this. San seemed more stressed lately, so this view definitely warmed Wooyoung's heart. Looking at him, a certain feeling spread in his chest.

The strong feeling that this Christmas would be special.

...

The snow crunched under their shoes as they made their way to the house. Excitement shot through Wooyoung's veins at the sight of his parents' decorated fences, windows, and the door. It was smaller than San's property, that was for sure. But it looked warm, cozy, and friendly. San waited for Wooyoung. He was currently busy closing the gate, and when he was done, both walked to the doorstep together.

Wooyoung did a happy dance (or according to San: tried to get warm in the cold) once he rang the doorbell and waited for his parents to welcome them. It didn't take long until a middle-aged woman opened the door and smiled brightly at Wooyoung. She immediately took her son into her arms and plastered his cheeks with kisses while telling him how much she missed him.

San smiled at the sight and even more at the realization that Wooyoung had his mother's smile. Suddenly, the pretty woman made eye contact with San, and the latter stiffened up slightly, holding the handles of the bags in his hand tighter than before, and smiled nervously when she approached him.

"Nice to finally meet you! I'm Nari, Wooyoung's mother," she smiled sweetly, and he nodded politely in response.

"I-I'm San."

He wanted to slap himself in the face for stuttering. It wasn't until he opened his mouth that he realized how nervous he actually was. Wooyoung's mother giggled before asking both of them to come inside.

San was immediately greeted with a warmth that caused goosebumps to travel over his body. The contrast was intense to the temperature outside, but it was also an unfamiliar and new feeling. The warmness surrounding his body wasn't the only kind of warmth he felt. It reached his heart for some reason and made him feel welcomed. The warmth was friendly and comfortable.