09 - The calm before the storm

Give him a few more days. Those were Yunho's words. And Wooyoung did what he was asked. He did give all of this a few more days.

The past few days he had either met up with Yeosang or stayed at the dance academy for a while longer and taken a walk after that, but he had always made sure to come home way later than usual. He was not taking advantage of Yeosang, really, but anything that helped him pass the time felt better than sitting in a house with a person who avoided him — no matter if it was intentional or not.

Today, however, was different. Wooyoung felt super worn out from not being able to rest after classes because he tried to keep himself out and busy. This Friday would not be a day like that.

When Yunho picked him up, he was glad to hear that Wooyoung wanted to head straight home this time. The bodyguard found it far from necessary to share his thoughts with him, but in his opinion, Wooyoung looked like he could need a good amount of sleep. He looked exhausted and didn't even have a single smile left. Yunho kind of missed it, but he understood that there would be days in which Wooyoung wouldn't have the energy, and he did not take it personally at all.

Once home, Wooyoung immediately changed into comfortable clothes and threw himself on his bed to take a much-needed nap. He didn't know for how long he slept, all he knew was that when he went downstairs to drink a glass of water, he saw San's shoes by the door. Meant he was home and probably hiding in the book room again.

Thinking, he twisted the glass while it was still touching his bottom lip. For how long would this still go on? Wooyoung was tired of this. He didn't know if now was a good moment to confront San. He didn't know about his mood, didn't know if he'd even talk to him, but he wanted to try. Wooyoung had enough of the silence.

He walked up the stairs, confidently entered the book room, grabbed the first book that came in contact with his hands that looked interesting in the slightest way, and sat down on the sofa. San must've noticed him joining the room but didn't find it necessary to speak. Because other than Wooyoung's presence, he was also able to feel the tension he brought with him.

Wooyoung mimicked San. He crossed one leg over the other, opened the book, and started to read. And he almost widened his eyes in shock when San seemed to have found his voice again, but he contained himself.

"I thought you got swallowed by something. I barely saw you the past few days, let alone in this room."

Wooyoung scoffed. "Oh, you can form full sentences? That's amazing!"

San was caught off guard by the attitude, but he knew that he deserved this. His thoughts were loud but definitely not as loud as Wooyoung's glare. Chills ran down his spine at the strong gaze and his eyes still lingered on the other's face even after he dedicated his attention to a book page again. A sigh left Wooyoung's lips.

"Well, this is your comfort space and I didn't want to take that from you when you're trying to avoid me."

San felt the need to protest. "I didn't-"

Wooyoung's eyes shot up from the book and locked with San's. The latter had his eyebrows furrowed slightly and Wooyoung looked at him with judging eyes. Something changed in them though. There was a hint of hurt coating them now.

"Why did you? Did I do something wrong?"

San's heart cracked at that. He was aware that he somehow hurt himself by taking his distance, but to hurt Wooyoung really never was his intention. Hoping that the excuse sounded believable, he tried to explain himself. Not all of it had been true, but at least a part of it was. And he hoped that Wooyoung would believe it.

"You didn't. Really," San spoke with guilt, "I've just been very busy with work and didn't want to risk letting the stress out on you. I'm sorry if I made you think you did something wrong."