12 - Snowflakes

Yesterday still left a bitter aftertaste in Wooyoung's mouth. He had thought about it some more last night, hardly able to fall asleep after he had gotten into bed because he couldn't understand how San's stepmother could treat him so badly, how Hongjoong sat calmly watching the scene unfold in front of his eyes, and most importantly, why the father just let it slide like that.

Was San no one to them? Wooyoung was sure about how hard he worked for the family business and he just couldn't imagine that he ever did something wrong — something actually wrong, a mistake that would give them a reason to treat their family member this way — and the thought just kept him awake for at least one or two more hours.

It angered him. The fact the stepmother decided to pick on his sexuality out of all the other things she could've chosen just proved that there was nothing about San that she could pull through the dirt — well, except for the fact he was into men, and that said a lot about her personality.

Although it still kind of sat on his shoulders, it didn't overshadow his excitement and joy for today. Because today would be the first time that he'd enter one of San's casinos, and he was currently in the process of getting ready.

He decided to not overdress but also not to underdress. What do you even wear when visiting a casino? His jeans and black coat had to do. When he walked outside his room and saw that San wore similar clothing, he let out a breath of relief.

Then things went as usual. Mingi drove, Yunho sat in the passenger seat and San and Wooyoung sat in the back. Considering the events of the day before, San's mood was pretty good. Wooyoung wondered if he was over it already or just good at hiding his feelings and pushing them aside, but whatever it was, he didn't question it further. The positive vibe helped him to forget yesterday's events too — at least for now, and his excitement rose.

While they drove, San explained and told Wooyoung a few things. He started by telling him that casinos are visited the most on weekends, so Wooyoung should prepare to see it crowded and loud. Then he told him that not every customer necessarily came to play. Some visited to accompany their friends or just to drink, have fun, and enjoy the ambiance. Some people would continuously visit the casino and some would never come back again. Sometimes people would yell. At times they'd yell out of happiness, other times they'd yell out of frustration. Then there would be times in which people try to cause trouble. San informed him about everything he could think of while they made their way there, the bodyguards sometimes joining in too with memories they had collected working with San.

Wooyoung just listened attentively and tried to memorize as much information as possible. His heart skipped a beat once Mingi parked. He was seriously very excited and couldn't hide it one bit. San smiled when he looked at Wooyoung before putting his hand on his waist.

Wooyoung looked up at the touch and San was immediately able to read his mind. "We wanna convince everyone, don't we?"

Wooyoung smiled at San's short nose scrunch and nodded. The fact they were married didn't change the way he felt about physical contact with his husband. It would always catch him off guard in some way.

With big eyes, he watched the distance between them and the entrance get smaller as they approached the big door. Light from the inside illuminated the dark blue carpet on the floor and the bouncers that stood on each side of the entrance nodded at San when they recognized their boss.

Wooyoung read the big logo above them. The word Sapphire was glowing in a bright white, the letters bold but elegant, and the stem of a rose was crossing through the letters in black color. The few thorns it had were perfectly displayed on the white letters, as well as the few leaves it had. It wasn't overdone but still added a nice contrast. What topped it off were the rose petals at the end of the stem. They were glowing in a bright blue color and fit the logo perfectly.