11 - Shout it out

Mingi had to do many things in his life before but closing Yunho's mouth hadn't been one of them yet. He had to admit that the sight shocked him as well but to make it as obvious as his co-worker was not part of his plans. They watched the situation progress further, watched Hongjoong and Seonghwa walk away, and then approached San and Wooyoung.

An awkward and tense tension surrounded them and they didn't dare to look at each other. To Mingi, it was pretty obvious that none of them exchanged a word ever since their kiss got interrupted. He thought that it would be best to suggest heading back inside for a little longer. San stuck to Mingi now and Yunho saw this as a sign to walk with Wooyoung instead.

Inside, there may have been playing music, but between the wedded couple, there was radio silence. When Wooyoung glanced over to San, the latter would immediately look away — the same thing happening the other way around. It was obvious that both of them had a conflict inside of them, didn't know how to act around each other at that moment, and especially did not know what to say.

They decided to at least stay one more hour to not cause any unwanted rumors. The fact that some people saw the tense atmosphere between the brothers was enough already. Wooyoung wondered if this was the usual case or if today was just special because Hongjoong found out about the marriage. He figured that he'd find out at future events anyway and dropped the thought.

Eventually, another hour passed and San suggested that they should make their way home now unless Wooyoung still wanted to stay. When the latter gently shook his head, San nodded and started walking to the entrance. Wooyoung felt weird. Apart from asking if he still wanted to drink something, San had not spoken a word to him. He really wanted to know what went on in his head.

Especially when they entered the car. It was dark, silent, and tense. The only light source was the lights shining in from the outside — some allowing a better look around the inside of the car and some not even bright enough to properly see anything except for the road. It got even more tense when their knees suddenly touched and Wooyoung felt his heartbeat quicken up a little.

Do I pull away? I don't want him to think I don't like his knee touching mine- But I don't want him to think that I like like it. Should I just wait until he pulls his knee away instead? That will probably be the best.

Wooyoung had his plan successfully plotted out in his head now, there was just one problem, and that problem was that San didn't seem to plan on pulling his knee away anytime soon.

Wooyoung glanced over to his left and hoped that it was as subtle as possible. He saw San lean his head against the window, eyes fixed on the passing houses and street lamps. He gently rubbed his lips with the fingertips of the hand that rested close to the window as he seemed carried away in his thoughts.

Wooyoung really didn't want to interpret anything into that now and leaned back deeper in his seat (he tried to sink into it) while closing his eyes. When he rested his hand next to him, he accidentally came in contact with San's.

Their eyes met immediately. San had only moved his head to his right slightly, was technically eyeing Wooyoung from the side now, and the latter instinctively pulled his hand away again. Like a hypnotized guy, he kept staring into San's eyes — the one that seemed to take the role of the hypnotizing snake in this case — and started to blush slightly.

Wooyoung was more than glad that the inside of the car was dark and San couldn't notice the red shade that spread across Wooyoung's nose, cheeks, and ears. San looked incredibly attractive with his dark eyes as he held Wooyoung's gaze from the side.

Wooyoung's only escape was to avert his eyes, so he did and inhaled deeply. When he glanced over again, San had his eyes fixed on the outside once more.