tag (1)

as sun was playing tag with some of the children, he suddenly slowed down once he saw one specific child, knees to their chest and a couple of tears falling from their eyes. sun had taken notice that this child had been in this state for most of the time they were at the daycare. as far as he knew, they hadn't interacted with any of the other children. not even once. it worried sun to death.

he soon decided to quietly head over towards them and see how they were doing. as his bells softly jingled, he reached the child who now looked up at him with a frightened expression.

"don't worry friend, i won't hurt you" sun whispered as he began to lower his height to become face to face with the child. they both made eye contact. "are you alright sunshine? you seemed upset, and i just wanna make sure you're doing okay" he said, his voice now significantly lower as to not scare the child.

they nervously shook, but soon calmed down after hearing sun's soft voice. "y-yeah, i'm okay" they squeaked out as they slowly shuffled more into the corner. sun became extremely concerned for the well-being of this kid. the way they shook fearfully worried him, and how they slightly jumped when he'd talked earlier.

"are you sure friend? you know that you can tell me anything" he softly reassured as the kid removed their arms away from their face and sprawled out their legs on the floor before looking back up at sun.

"mr. sun! can we still play tag with you?" one child yelled from across the daycare which made the kid sun was dealing with flinch. "yes of course friend! i'll be over in just a sec!" sun responded as he focused his attention back on the child.

"do you want to play with us sunshine?" sun offered kindly, outstretching his hand out for them to take. the child hesitated slightly before taking it. sun smiled down at them as they both walked over to the group of kids that collected themselves back together.

the child hid behind sun's leg as they approached them. as soon as sun noticed, he bent down slightly and booped their nose. "it's okay sunshine! they're nice, i promise" he smiled as the child returned it.

that's all for the first chapter! i'm not sure if anyone is gonna read this but oh well 😍