healing

as sun and y/n exited the play structure, he realised that the other children had already continued playing with toys, drawing, climbing up into the structures or resuming their games.

they both made their way out the double doors of the daycare and sun had led y/n to the medical room. as they entered, sun gently picked y/n up and placed them down on the pretend hospital bed.

"now, if i'm correct, there should be some bandages and some special liquid for me to put on your wounds in one of these cupboards" sun said as he began humming the daycare theme tune to himself, rummaging through most of the cupboards until he found them.

sun's sudden "aha!" made y/n jump, as sun turned around and quickly apologised. "i'm so sorry friend! i didn't mean to scare you-" he looked guilty as he placed down the objects.

y/n also noticed that he sprung his head back up, his rays spinning while doing so. "oh, i also forgot to ask for your name sunshine!" he remembered as the kid answered, "y/n" with a shy smile.
"aww, what a gorgeous name, y/n" sun complemented.

he then grabbed one of the cotton pads, staining it with some of the 'special liquid' he was talking about. y/n flinched as he picked up their arm, pulling up their sleeve.

sun noticed immediately, and he pulled the cotton pad away. "oh my goodness- i'm so sorry sweetie i-" he began looking around for any sort of distraction that could take y/n's mind off the pain. however, as he moved his hand his bells started jingling which made y/n look at his wrist.
that's when he came up with an idea.

"ah- sunshine, would you like to hold one of my bells while i work my magic?" he asked as y/n nodded. he began to unbutton the bell strap on his left wrist and handed it to y/n. "here, if you ever want me to stop for a bit, ring the bell as loud as you can and i promise i'll stop" he smiled down at the 10-year-old as they nodded back up at sun with a grin.

"do you want me to start?" he asked as he held the cotton pad inches away from the first cut. y/n hesitantly nodded before frowning and nodding much more confidently. they can do this. sun smiled as he then started to clean it.