arts and crafts

y/n sat at the table with the girl who they now knew as Cassie. sometimes they made awkward eye contact that caused y/n to look away quickly. fiddling with their fingers, they decided to take a look at what was on the table so they weren't just staring at the floor.

there were pieces of paper stacked neatly in the centre, different coloured crayons in a pot, some craft materials such as card, glue, pencil sharpeners, pens etc- and a couple of story books that were sat on some chairs.

after a couple of minutes passed, they decided to grab some paper and a red crayon from the middle of the table. they thought of what they wanted to draw, then got an idea. they could draw mr sun!

turning around, they decided to get a good look at him but as they did so, they realised sun was looking directly at them, a concerned look on his face. this caused y/n to squirm in their seat as they quickly shoved themselves back around, picking up the crayon as they began drawing.

*there's no way he knows.. is there?
that's stupid, of course he does! he saw them when your sleeve got pulled up!
he knows.
he's looking.
he's watching.*

after a few moments passed, y/n turned themself around and thankfully saw that sun was chasing around another kid that was playing tag. "gotcha!" he exclaimed after he tapped them on the back and earned an "aww" from them in return.

facing back to their artwork, they noticed some of the proportions and colours looked wrong, causing them to get frustrated and start clawing at their wrist. they began to get impatient, eyes searching for anything, something that they could use for some relief.

spying the box full of pencil sharpeners, they grabbed one, bringing it back under the table as they tried their best to break it. they felt so frustrated that they hadn't even realised sun came up behind them.

"helloo friends! how are we doing?" he delightfully said as he looked at Cassie's drawing with glee. he gasped, "Cassie! this looks absolutely amazing!" he gushed, picking up the drawing and admired it in the light.

while he was distracted, y/n was still trying to claw at the pencil sharpener while turning themself away from sun's vision. "thank you mr sun! it's of me and you. you're on the left holding my hand" she pointed out as sun laid the artwork back down. "aww, it looks perfect my little superstar! I'll be sure to hang it up on the wall!"

y/n then jumped slightly as sun tapped their shoulder. "and how are you doing sunshine?" he knelt down beside them as they accidentally dropped the sharpener. "oh, were you trying to sharpen your pencil?" he questioned as y/n quickly snatched it from the ground, grabbing a nearby pencil and pretending to sharpen it.

"yes!" they blurted out of fear. "okay, that's fine. just let me know if you need anything" he said as he walked away to y/n's relief.