Chapter 10: Ember Island

Azula's POV

"Move aside!" I ordered my guards, "Now leave us." They shut the door to the prison. "Sit!" I order Tylee walking towards her. She quickly did what I said looking terrified as I wrapped her tightly to the chair with my chains. "So have you considered my offer? It is pretty generous if I do say so myself." "You can't do this Azula! I am happy, I don't want to work with you ever again! I'm happy without you," "Oh sweet Tylee I'm afraid you don't have a choice." I said moving closer to her walking circles around her. "Why am I here Azula? Please let me go." Tylee was now crying, "I've always known that you were weak. Why did you betray me at The Boiling Rock? I could have sworn that you liked me more than Mai," "Because you are a horrible person!" I turned around and slapped her hard across the face. "Why did you? I know that you like me." I spoke calmly and composed. "I, I don't! You are sick and mean and so scary!" I raised my hand at her making Tylee flinch. "What is the worst thing I ever did to you?" I asked her. "You controlled me, threw me in prison, kidnapped me and sometimes hit me." "But nothing so serious right? Why did you betray me at The Boiling Rock?" "Because I'm terrified of you, and I finally had a chance to free myself from you!" "Good, you should be." I whispered into her ear. "I'll be back soon Tylee! I know you want me back," I said, walking away leaving her to sob.

Katara's POV

"Is Appa ready to go?" I asked Aang. "Almost," He replied. I smiled and walked away to wake up the others. I first woke Toph up and told her to help Aang, I then walked over to Sokka. He was fast asleep between Zuko's arms with his forehead resting underneath Zuko's collarbone. He looked so peaceful. Zuko was asleep with his scar facing the sky with a small grin on his face. But he woke up after hearing my footsteps. "Hey Zuko," "Hi Katara." He said and quickly pulled back from Sokka, but still continued to look at him. "Appa is almost ready for take off, do you mind waking Sokka up in 10 minutes?" "Okay." Zuko said, brushing the strands of hair off of Sokka's face. I smiled. "You guys look great together." I told him. Zuko then looked up at me. "Really?" "Yeah," We were both quiet for a second. "Is this weird for you, knowing about Sokka and I?" "Not that much. I'm really happy for you both. Sokka really cares about you and you make him happy, so you make me happy also." "I care about him too," "I know." "Hey Katara, do you mind not telling everyone? If someone asks, you can tell them the truth, but-" "I won't." There was a pause, "Thank you Katara." Zuko then went back down and wrapped his arms on top of Sokka. "I'm surprised Sokka is letting you hold him like that, when we were kids he always made sure that his arms were on top of me. I've never seen him allow anyone to hold him like that." Zuko grinned a little, "I guess I got lucky then." "You guys both got lucky." I then turned away from Zuko and started walking towards Appa.

Sokka's POV

While in the air I was holding Zuko in my arms and he lay down into my chest. No one else said a word about it. Though before we took off Katara winked at me and I gave her the thumbs up, telling her that everything worked between me and Zuko. I also saw Aang nudge Zuko and told him, "Water tribe, good choice." But other than that everyone let us be, which I appreciated. "Hey Sokka, do you still want to go to Ember Island for the day?" Zuko said, looking up at me. "Ummm, sure. To be honest I only asked you because I wanted to spend time with you alone since I had a huge crush on you." Zuko smiled. "But we could still go though. We are two full days ahead of schedule." I added. "Okay, but what will we tell the others?" "Leave that to me." I told him, kissing Zuko on the head.

"Hey Aang, do you mind dropping off Zuko and I at Ember Island? We are two days ahead of schedule and I hear some rumors about The New Ozai Society there." "Really? Everyone there just seems to stupid to be a part of a huge society like that." Katara said. "Finally you said something sensible! But they do have a lot of pride there. Remember that play they had about us there." Toph exclaimed. "That wasn't a good play," Zuko added. "Exactly! That's why Zuko and I want to check out the area." "That's a great idea Sokka! After we searched for evidence we could relax a little. I could use a vacation from all this craziness, even if it's just for two days." Aang said. Zuko and I just looked at each other. "Actually Aang, maybe a few people should go back to the capital to explain everything to Iroh and to see how the Fire Nation is doing." I told him. "It's fine Sokka. We are two days ahead of schedule, it's okay to take a break once in a while." Katara told me. Well that backfired. I thought. "It's ok Sokka, I'm sure we'll get some alone time once we get to Ember Island," Zuko whispered in my ear. "I'm looking forward to it." I whispered back, "Me too."