Chapter 15: Under The Stars

A Teenage Boy's POV

It's been a few days since my parents haven't come home from work and I was starting to worry quite a bit. So eventually I decided to go into town to find them even though my mother warned me not to. She said that I could easily destroy her business contract with my big mouth. I wish that she allowed me to come with her and dad. I've really been practicing my bending and I'm almost as good as her not including sub bending of course. I walked around town for an hour and couldn't find any clues. "Excuse Ms, do you know where my parents are? The man is tall with blue eyes and the woman is short with grey ones. They were both wearing blue. Have you seen them by any chance?" I asked a lady walking down the street. She shook her head and walked away. I tried again multiple times but got the same reply. I was starting to panic, something must have gone wrong during the meeting. I kept searching the town but couldn't find anything until I walked up to an old man and asked him. "Oh, I saw them heading south east of the village. They probably went to the trading town a couple of kilometers east of here." I smiled at the old man and thanked him for his time. After searching the village everywhere I decided to head east towards the trading town he was talking about. It took me a good eight hours to finally reach it. Once I got there I saw this huge market full of so many vegetables, too bad that they barely had any meat. I walked around the market asking the civilians that came passing by if they knew where my parents were. "Wearing blue you say?" A young man asked, I nodded. "I think they were arrested." "Arrested!" I yelled, "Why were my parents arrested?" I asked shocked. The man shrugged and walked away. I ran as fast as I could to the prison hoping that he was wrong. What on earth did my parents do? Once I got to the gate I explained what had happened to my parents and I wanted to see if they were here. "Names," I told the guard their names. "Oh yeah, they are here. they were brought in some time this week." "Why are they here?" I asked the guard. "Not really sure," "Can I speak with them please?" I asked. The guard nodded and led me inside the prison and told me to wait inside the visiting room. After thirty minutes of waiting the man brought out my parents. "Mom, dad what happened?" I asked worriedly running up to hug them. "Why were you arrested mom?" My mom sighed, "And why don't you use your bending to sneak out?" "It's gone my child, our bending is gone." My dad told me sadly. I just stared at them with shock, what happened? My mom then asked me to sit down. "Yakone we have a lot to talk about."

Zuko's POV

"Dear loyal citizens of the Fire Nation, I am pleased to say that Ambassador Sokka of the Southern Water Tribe and The Kyoshi Warrior Tylee have been successfully rescued. I am also pleased to say that yesterday The New Ozai Society was defeated!" The crowd cheered as I gave them my speech. Sokka squeezed my hand. I wanted him by my side during this speech, we were both too scared to be apart from one another. "As you may have heard, many brave soldiers died in battle, sacrificing their lives to ensure that another World War didn't break out. Over 1 500 of our brave soldiers didn't survive the battle along with 4 000 injured. I would just like to personally thank every single soldier that fought alongside me to save the people I care about as well as to save the world. For their contributions the Fire Nation will pay each soldier 100 gold pieces. I am truly honored to have fought with not only the Fire Nation military, but with skilled warriors across the globe. Even though The New Ozai Society has been defeated I fear that this won't be the last problem our Nation is faced upon. However as your leader I swear to conquer any issues that may occur. The road to peace is a bumpy one considering all that has happened in the past year. But I assure you all that if we work together and stand together in harmony we will be able to defeat any problem that we are faced with! I will not stop fighting until world peace is achieved." The crowd cheered even louder. "With that being said I would like you all to come to the Royal Palace to celebrate this victory. Everyone is invited and I am just truly honoured to be your Fire Lord." The crowd continued to cheer. I turned away from the crowd of civilians to look at my handsome boyfriend. "Good speech," He said. Before I knew what I was doing I kissed him on his lips in front of my entire Nation.