Chapter 12: Blood Conflict

Zuko's POV

"Zuko!" My mother replied pulling me into her arms, I woke up to see Katara and Toph sobbing in the corner with Aang comforting them. "Everything is going to be okay guys. Sokka is smart, he'll figure something out." Pain entered my stomach. I got up and ran over to Katara, "Call your dad, we are at war." No one questioned this, not even Aang. Within an hour I had every single person in the Fire Nation military ready for battle as well as confirmation from every other Nation to join my cause. I was panicking, and my heart was aching, I could feel my head throbbing and my breath short. I will not stop until Sokka is safe forever, until The New Ozai Society has no more power. "Katara, I'm... I am so so very sorry-I" Katara let go of Aang's arms and pulled me in tightly as she cried into my shoulder. "Those same people took my mother away from me. We can not allow them to take my brother as well." "We won't." Aang reassured us. He and Toph were now hugging Katara and I. I was now crying with everyone, if anything happened to Sokka, I could never live with myself again. Sokka needed to be saved. "I'm, I'm going to write a letter to Azula. I-I need her to know the terrible mistake she has made." I told Katara with my voice shaking. My uncle urged me not to but I didn't care. After I finished writing my letter I sent it to her as fast as I could. Then I sent out my fastest, most advanced war balloons out to receive the soldiers. After two hours every soldier from the Southern Water Tribe was here along with many Earth Kingdom and Northern Water Tribe warriors, but only one leader could come, and that was Chief Hakoda. However I was still thankful that the Northern Water Tribe Chief and Earth King Kuei were still able to send out many soldiers. "Dad!" Katara cried running into her father's arms like a little girl running for safety. She buried her head into his chest and cried. "Sokka's gone dad. Gone. Ozai's supporters have taken him away from us just like mom!" I love Sokka so much so the fact that Katara is crying over him makes me feel even more sick. My stomach was twisted up and my head felt like it was going to explode. I also love Katara just like my own sister. I value and respect Katara way more than I ever would with Azula. I view Aang, Toph, Katara as my family and Sokka as way more. Team Avatar is my family and to see how broken everyone is was horrible. And it is all my fault. I can not lose Sokka, I just can't. Hakoda had tears in his eyes while he hugged his daughter. "This time will be different Katara, this time we will get him back," Hakoda told her. "We now have the biggest army in the entire world. Azula stands no chance, I will do anything to stop The New Ozai Society. I will give up everything to make sure that Sokka is safe. I promise." I told Hakoda and Katara in the most sincere voice ever with tears in my eyes. Hakoda had a faint smile on his face and nodded. 

Katara's POV

"Fire Lord Zuko Princess Azula has responded to your letter." A general said with a letter in his hand and an awkward look on his face. "Read it now!" I demanded the general. "It's personal," He replied. Zuko waved his hand and almost all the soldiers from the neighboring Nations left the room, sending them to the guest house so they could get some sleep. Just leaving the rest of Team Avatar, his Mother, Uncle Iroh and Dad in the room. The general swallowed and began to read the letter:
Dear Zuzu,

I have read your letter and have come to a final decision. I never knew how important this southern peasant was to you and considering your reaction I have hit the jackpot. I know that you are dating Sokka, the marks all over his neck proved it. You two are disgusting excuses for human beings. I always knew you were a disappointment but to snoop this low is a whole other level.

My Dad and Ursa exchanged looks. They both had no idea that Sokka and Zuko were dating and both looked shocked. I looked up at my father's face with his eyes drawn at Zuko. Zuko was too invested in the letter to notice what was going on. My father just looked shocked while Ursa had a soft smile on her face.