Class of '85

Quick AN- A very very brief mention of a car accident/ crash and a death! If you aren't comfortable with this feel free to read past this chapter x

———— November 30th '85

"Veronica B, Heather M, Danny C, Jessica L" the voice of our high schools principal rung out across the stage.

Today was the day i graduated from my senior year, i was excited yes but also nervous for my future. Thirteen years of schooling had finally come to an end and i was able to be set free and move to LA.

Myself along with the rest of my class were stood to the side of the stage, we were eager for our names to be called out by Miss L. I was eagerly awaiting "Rosemary J" to be called out.

Finally i heard what i had been awaiting,

"Rosemary J, Michael Andrew M, Dominic S"

Hearing my own name ring out, i put on my best smile and walk up the short steps, i shook my principals hand and held onto my certificate. For once i actually felt proud of myself, i never would have thought that i would graduate high school, but here we are.

A few more names are read out as a photograph is taken of me holding my certificate. A tall blond boy is next to walk up the steps and accepts his certificate, and gets his photo taken, he was a nice guy i never really had a decent conversation with him although i knew he was an aspiring musician which is pretty cool.

After each class had finished reviving their certificates it was time for our dinner, we had already had senior formal two weeks prior. So we didn't need to dress up in our dresses and suits, just something dinner casual.

You had the people who were sad and emotional about leaving and the people who wanted to go home and sleep or the people who just wanted to savour the moment. I was one of those, i took my time i wasn't upset but i wasn't bored and eager to go home.

—————-

Dear Diary,
                                                                        30/11/85
Today i graduated, officially the class of 1985. I just got home from the ceremony and the graduation dinner, mum and Tommy are coming over soon to have a small celebration with just us family. This whole graduation thing has got me thinking, little Rosemary wouldn't believe her eyes and ears knowing that big Rosey graduated. Y'know how i was thinking what to do with my life? Well i think i have it figured, i'll leave Seattle and move to LA, if i ever want to make in life LA is the place to be. I hope it treats me right and brings me the happiness i expect of it. Anyways i'll be back soon, talk to you next time.

                                                                       xoxo, Rosey

I set my diary aside and and change into something more comfortable, my mum and younger brother are coming to my apartment for a dinner, i wish i could have my dad he was always so supportive of the things i did, however when i was 10 years old he passed away in a car accident it was hard but with my family i'm getting better each day. So now that iv moved out from home i rent a small apartment. Mum, Tommy and i made homemade pizzas and listened to music.

They had now left, leaving me alone with my music and my thoughts. I needed to figure out a way to get myself to LA so i can be something. Iv always dreamt about being a beautiful Hollywood actress or even a rockstar on my own, i know these dreams sound a little to hectic for a 18 year old girl from Seattle Washington.

Tomorrow i need to get make phone calls and get myself to LA, first though i need to tell my family they've always believed in me and will no doubt support this decision. I begin to write my mother a letter and then Tommy's. Tomorrow i'll pick up a bouquet of flowers to give to mum with her letter, as well as get some roses for dads grave with a small letter i plan on leaving for him.

—————

Hey bbys,

This is my first continuous story that isn't different one shots, so please don't be afraid to give me your opinions if you have any.

I know this chapter itself isn't about Duff, but just hang on he'll be here soon!! x Also one more thing i know all the dates and years may not add up/ be correct and Duff did drop out of high school but just ignore that for the sake of  this story.
Don't forget to vote!

Hope you all enjoyed x