A chick?

—- December 4th '85

ring,ring,ring!

Fuck that's probably John, i rushed out of bed just in time to pick the phone on the last ring.

"Rosemary hello, quick question is this the phone number i should put down as your permanent number or do you plan on having a different one?"

I was right it was John, but at 8:30 in the morning!? Does he not know i only finished at 1?

"Hey, um yeah for now this is my number, i am planning on looking at an apartment today so if everything goes well i'll have a new permanent number that i'll update for you" If i wasn't already awake i am now bloody hell.

"Awesome thanks hun, you'll be in tomorrow at the same time"

I smiled to myself, hey maybe the guns n roses boys will perform again.

"Thanks John see you tomorrow"

And with that i hung up, who the hell rings at 8:30 in the morning especially to someone who didn't get home till after midnight. Anyway i'll have to start my day now. I don't even any plans but to ring the boys and have a talk about living arrangements.

But knowing how rockers work they probably won't be up till noon. I had until noon to myself, i had a shower and made myself presentable. I made cereal because well i'm in a hotel that's about all i can make.

I needed to go to the shops and get new cloths or something because the people here dress way different, i dress punk rock and it's a mix of punk and metal rock here. I didn't have too much money to my name right now but i had enough to buy a new outfit. Maybe i'll impress these almost rockstars.

——-

Its midday finally and iv just left the house to find a boutique i saw the other day, it was perfect it had all the cloths anyone could imagine, some accessories even some records.

I walked in and was greeted by the loud music ' live wire' one of my favourites by Mötley Crüe. One of the girls working helped me pick out a few tops and a pair of leather pants that showed off my body.I tried on the outfits and fell i love, all i needed was the bigger hair and bold makeup.

I finished up my payment and made my way back to my car. I took everything in, the people, the constant noise, the loud cars and the bold fashion. LA was next level but i love it, of course i'll always love Seattle but being here just gives me hope for the future. The future of being a star, a star that people would love and aspire to be, that's exactly what i want to be.

I looked at my watch '1:30', iv still got about an hour before i'll even call the guys so i just chucked my clothes in my car and decided to just walk down the rest of Sunset blvd that i hadn't yet seen.

The whole walk i could hear music, the drums being bagged, guitars being shredded on, bass guitars shaking the floors. It was a music lovers dream and i was in such aww of how amazing it was to be here. In too much aww that i almost lost track of time, it was just after two and i quickly walked back to my car and drove to my hotel.

I grabbed the paper bags and got to my room, i chucked on the leather pants and one of the cropped tees i had picked up earlier. I fixed my hair in the mirror next to the bed and dialled the number on the yellow flyer.

"Hello?" A voice said, it's sounded unfamiliar so it wasn't Steven.

"Hi, my names Rosemary, i was just calling about your need for a housemate if it's still available" I was nervous, why the hell was i nervous, i took a piece of hair and twirled it in my fingers.

"Oh yeah hey, i'm Izzy. Steven told me about you helping him put flyers around, the others don't know so if you want to come down whatever time this afternoon and hopefully your a good fit"

"Great i won't be long then, thank you, see ya"

I wrote down the address he told me and recognised the street name, i was just a few blocks away. However i still decided to drive after walking all day.

———

I reached the front door immediately hearing the obnoxiously loud group, i knocked three times and a tall, lanky guy with brown-black hair opened the door,

"Your Rosemary?" He said with an almost shocked tone.

"Uh yeah" i chuckled "I'm guessing your Izzy right"

He shook his head yes and i followed him in, and jeez this place needed a clean up.

I was welcomed by four other guys squished together on a brown couch watching some comedy movie, a few "hey man's" were said but none of their eyes left the tv.

Izzy cleared his throat in annoyance as i still stood there kind of awkwardly and nervous to meet real rockstars.

"excuse me fuckers" He shook his mouthing a sorry to me.

"Wha-" A curly head couldn't finish and his mouth dropped.

"A chick?" The red head said and rolled his eyes. "This whole ass city and the only one we get is a chick?"

"oh no i can go if you want i'm sure i could find somew-" i began to speak before getting cut of.

"no sorry about them Rosemary, they're assholes" Izzy said in annoyance.

The shorter blond looked up and out eyes met, he flashed a wide smile before saying-

"Oh hey, i gave you posters to put around didn't i? i didn't think you'd need up calling!" Steven said excitedly.

"It'll be good to have you around here" The curly head said before he introduced himself and the red head who i now know as Axl.

There was one other guy i hadn't yet got to know the name of though, all i know is he's the bassist that i had seen on my first shift. He stayed quiet the whole time Izzy and Steven gave me a tour around the apartment.

I felt myself grow hungry for answers of who this man is, a way iv never felt before. Even when i caused a glimpse of his face yesterday ,i knew i needed to know him.

————

Hi my lovely's x

So sorry to leave you probably wanting more, i like to leave my chapters at 1000 words and this already exceeded. So Mr Duff will be coming (😉) in the next part of this story so keep an eye out!!

Once again sorry for these few boring chapters i just want abit character development. Don't forget to vote!

Hope you all enjoyed xx