1: pilot

MORENA.

"can you stop rushing me?" i mumbled nervously, as i rummaged around in my handbag. my older cousin, pedri, eyed me viciously.

"can you stop being so slow, dios mio!" he cried, dramatically.

some backstory; i had landed a modelling job in qatar, that would pay almost double the most i have ever earned, and all the famous models were going to be there (like queen bella hadid!)

fortunately, the spanish football team were also flying over there for the world cup tournament, and after days of bribing, begging and bawling my eyes out - the coach let me tag along.

so, here i was at the airport, fumbling around in search for that little blue doccument: my passport.

"can you hurry." pedri urged, longing to catch up with the others. i was keeping him behind.

"found it! ok, vamos vamos!" i celebrated, dashing for the the flight boarding. pedri called curses at me, but i couldn't hear him.

the loud wind brushed agressively past my ears, blowing my curls into a wild state. my padded shoes rapidly lifted from the ground and then landed back on it again as i sprinted.

gasping for breath almost, i had made it to the boarding area - pedri appeared a few strides behind me.

i beckoned him to pick up his pace, which was ironic, since he had previously been yelling at me to do the same.

"passports and boarding passes?" the woman asked, her makeup slightly creased as she smiled.

nodding, i handed her our passports. the lady's brown eyes quickly skimmed down the passes, verifying their validility. she shot us a reassuring grin,

"have a nice flight!" she beamed, stepping aside to allow us on board. pedri and i thanked her, as we collected back our doccuments and started our second race toward the aeroplane.

TIME SKIP - THE PLANE.

"you guys made it! we thought you would be stuck in barcelona." ferran torres joked, resulting in an uproar of laughter from his fellow team members.

i remained silent and rolled my eyes at his snark remark, pushing my hand luggage along the aisle. i felt a pair of eyes follow me as i did so.

pablo gavi, my cousin's best friend on the team, eagerly tapped the seat next to him,"come sit with me."

"ok but morena's sitting with us too then." pedri sighed, as he finally hoisted our luggage into the over-head lockers.

"make sure that clicks; there will be a big problem if not." i warned.

gavi's eyes raised to heaven, dramatically. with an exaggeraed hiss, he asked,"why do you have to be so boring? acting like an adult all the time? no one is gonna die."

"my suitcase weighs like a ton of bricks. if that makes contact with your head, trust me, even more damage will be caused." i retorted, watching in amusement as he glared at me.

"okay... so i'm definetely gonna have to sit between you both; just to make sure all three of us actually make it to qatar." my cousin half-joked.