5: international besties

MORENA.

when aisha took the older models: zendaya, the hadid sisters, kendall and a few others, we were left in an awkward silence.

a girl wearing a crisom, silk dress clapped her hands, indicating that she wished to make some sort of announcement.

"okay  girls," she spoke, "we should all introduce ourselves!"

out of the ten of us in the room, nobody made a soumd. my fingers crossed in hope that zainab might use some of her charisma to make this interraction more interesting.

"well, i'm paris! i'm 18, i'm from spain." said a light brunette girl. i notice how perfectly groomed her eyebrows were - her skin was radiant, she had blonde streaks mixed in with the subtle chocolate of her hair. she looked to only be around 5'5, while i was 5'8.

the three inches betweem us seemed like we were worlds appart, for some reason.

"that's ironic!" zainab quietly chuckled, though it was heard by all the girls. we started laughing at her accidental joke.

"my name's zainab, i'm from afghanistan and brasil - don't ask me about neymar, i don't know him, sadly." zainab introduced, again, sending us into a giggling frenzy.

"although," she added, when the laughter had died down, "my best friend, morena here, has connections." she grabbed my shoulders from behind, giving me a wink.

"stop, i know you!" another girl exclaimed. seven pairs of puzzled eyes shifted towards her. "guys? it's morena gonzalez! pedri's cousin!"

a choir of "ohhh"s spread among the models.

"could you introduce us to neymar then? since you're related to a literal soccer player." one girl giggled - she was probably american.

"i would, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet." i replied, causing her to laugh a little.

paris, the blonde/brunette girl, gasped suddenly, "do you know pablo gavi?" she asked, hope twinkled in her light coloured eyes.

"omg, that loser. girl why do you care about him?" zainab scoffed, waving her  hand in dissmissle. i snorted at her display of disgust to his name being mentioned.

"girl, do you know him too? omg, have you seen him?"

"unfortunately." i sighed. zainab high fived me, to show how proud she was of that response.

"you know damn well he's fine." paris told us, crossing her arms and slightly popping her hip out.

zainab mirrored her body language, as she replied, "girl, i have a boyfriend, but even if i didn't, we been knew gavi ugly."

"he's not ugly." i defended, regretting it immediately as the other girls gasped. they all started saying 'awhh' and staring at me like i was an infant.

"guys, stop it." i whined, causing them to make all the more noise. i rolled my eyes at them.
suddenly, a ping was heard by my phone.

"who is it, girl?" saniya asked - she was a sri lankan model.

"it's gavi." i sighed. the other girls squealed, including zainab, who hugged me tightly.