6: don't do anything stupid

PABLO.

"use your insides, not your toes! ay, dios what's wrong today?" coach scolded, as i jogged up to get another ball. just as i did before, i gave my apologies and started my dribble again.

only for me to mess it up again.

"pass, pass, pass into space. gavi! who was that to?"

"i meant it to go to ramos!" i protested. sergio dramatically raised his hands high, and dropped them at his sides.

"there was no way that was going to even reach me by a mile." he scoffed, adjusting his headband. i rolled my eyes, muttering curses below my breath.

we began playing again, pedri had tackled torres, and sent a slick pass to me. my brain didn't react fast enough, and it bounced off the corner of my foot, into the air.

i kept on my toes, intending to give it a quick touch and dribble after it landed, but i missed it and the ball was intercepted.

"what was that?" pedri yelled, visibly annoyed, but aslo counfused. i shrugged, as i jogged back to my starting position.

TIMESKIP - AFTER TRAINING.

as i sat in the changing room, pedri approached me. he gave my arm a light punch and sat down next to me, spreading his legs in exhaustion.

"so, hermano." he spoke, "what was that performance out there?" he asked me, searching my face for an answer.

again, i shrugged, unsure of how to even reply him. oh yeah, i'm fine. it's just that i basically confessed to your cousin that i wanted to flirt with her, and i can't get her off my mind - that's all! i'm also wearing a sock with a massive hole in it. but appart from that, life's great!

"i have something to tell you." i shakily sighed, nervously fiddling with my shorts. pedri rolled his eyes.

"bro, i know you like my cousin."

"wait what?" i spluttered, turning the whole way round to face him. he wore a smug smirk - i smacked his arm hard.

"ow? what a bi-"

"how obvious is it that i have a crush on morena? like be honest." i demanded, ignoring his cries of pain and his swearing at me.

"the whole team knows, coach knows, i know."

"does zainab know? or morena?"

pedri stuck his botton lip out, as if to say 'bro, i dunno - probably though?'

"she probably knows, if i'm honest." he told me, as he opened a chocolate bar. i eyed him, disgust and disbelief were illustrated in my expression. how could he be casually eating at a time like this?

"bro?" i hit him again, "if zainab knows, she's gonna tell morena for sure." i groaned, covering my face with both hands. i wanted to suffocate myself in that moment.

"i thought you already told her?" said pedri, mouthful of chocolate. gross.

"i kinda was about to... but then she asked who i liked, and i replied 'ronaldo suiii' and now she thinks i'm a weirdo." i hissed.