13: careless whispers

MORENA

i woke up the next morning with eyebags that could carry enough groceries for the next decade. all thanks to pablo gavi, and his irresistable nagging; he was like a little kid, begging to have ice-cream before bed - you couldn't say 'no'.

on this particular day, i decided to take it easy; the events from yesterday at the mall were still rushing through my mind in abrupt flashes. i really deserved a break.

so, i decided not to make any plans, and just chill with my bestie, zainab. we shared a huge hotel room, equipped with a sizeable TV, a bathroom, and we had room service, so we had it made!

the boys - pablo, pedri and miguel - had all gone to training on the football grounds. spain was having their game against costa rica, their first at the world cup. miguel had gone for moral support, good on him.

"we," zainab sighed, before taking a long break, "need a break from boys."

i nodded, letting her know that i was 100% with her. firstly, we needed to go downstairs for breakfast. the hotel served the most luxury waffles i had ever had the pleasure of tasting.

taking her by the hand, we ventured down the black, metal stairs, to the ground floor of the accommodation (zai had a huge fear of elevators, so we had to avoid those.)

in a puff of air, the brunette rushed passed me to the pastry section. she'd always had a thing for baguettes, so i let out a small chuckle and continued my search for some food.

we'd only been here for about 4 days, but the array of foods, flavours and variety of cuisines was always overwhelming. it made it difficult to make a choice; i always felt guilty when my eyes shifted towards the chicken tenders and fries, during dinner times.

deciding to eat simply, i put two waffles, a hashbrown and some eggs on my plate, cautious not to let any of them touch eachother - i didn't want salty waffles! as well as that, i grabbed a fruit cup to keep it balanced.

in a few minutes, i caught up with zai. on her plate, she had a simple butter croissant, 2 pains au chocolat, a hashbrown, and also a fruit cup like me.

"let's get hot chocolate too." i urged, smirking at her with wiggling eyebrows. she scoffed at me, before informing me that,

"it's not 'hot chocolate.' it's 'du chocolat chaud.'"

i laughed it off, leading her to the hot chocolate station, which offered marshmallows, whipped cream and caramel.

TIME SKIP - THE HOTEL ROOM.

"okay, that was the best breakfast i have ever eaten in my entire life." zai announced, with her mouth semi-full of croissant. i giggled at her dramatic expression.

"let's watch netflix - choose something." i said, flicking through the trending movies and shows.

"anything with timothée chalamet."  shrugged zai, as she popped open a bottel of coke. i stared a her blankly, before she whipped out another one from beside her, "got you one too." she rolled her eyes.

i thanked her, turning on 'little women.'

we were in the sort of middling part of the movie, when we  decided to start watching edits of timothée chalamet and rating them from 'cute little giggle' to 'screaming my head off, i need him so bad.'