26

With the screams of the old man still ringing in his ears, Tine turns to the young man, hanging against the wall shackled, dirty and crying out in terror. Without taking his eyes off of the the young man, Tine picked up the wickedly sharp, curved blade. The blade had an unnatural glow to it. The moonstone the goddess Mystera gifted his dad with when he was born. His dad had it crafted into a blade mixed with celestial steel from a fallen heavenly body. It had never dulled in all of his 700 years, and he had occasion to use it often in his life. 

Seeing the knife in the hands of his tormentor and torturer, Ashton trembled. He knew crying would not save him. The only thing that would save him was an intervention of some kind. He watched as the dragon approached him with the knife held in such a deceptively casual manner. When Tine was standing just steps away, he raised the blade and drew the sharp point down one side of his face starting at his forehead and going through the eye and down his cheek. Ashton cried out, trying not to cry because the salty tears would burn the cut. 

"That is to remind you, that you cannot have something just because you want it. The next cut is to remind you that you were planning to touch what belongs to a dragon." Tine reached up to where the man's hand was shackled and deftly sliced off a finger. Staring at the young man, Tine smiled a grim smile. "You will be castrated and allowed to live and be used as a eunuch for the Eastern emperor in his palace. I understand that his son will marry soon and they need someone to guard his concubine. Since you father is now blind, he will not be of much use, but they did say that will go to the East with you.'

Ashton was not prepared for the words that came next. "sadly, you castration will not be completed by my hand. No, It will be The Clutch Elder who will remove you stones from your body. While it is my right, my Mira did not want that stain on my hands.  She asked if the person who was head of our Clutch carry out your punishment. When he acquiesced, Mira was very happy with his decision. She is aware of what has happened here tonight and while sad, understand that your punishment must be carried out before our wedding takes place." 

Tine turned his back on the boy hanging on the wall and walked over to a side table where a basin of clean water was waiting. Turning on the water tap, Tine rinsed his hands of the blood that coated them and then dumped it at let the water run over his hands to finish washing them. Picking up the soap on the sink, he washed and then dried them. Walking over to the cell door, Tine stopped, turned and looked at Ashton. "Understand, little boy, I would have been happy to let my beast out and let him kill you both. But, I made Mira a promise that I would not take your lives." Turning back to the door, he pushed it open and in walked Raptor. He was stripped to the waist and walked to the table and picked up the moonstone blade and walked over to Ashton and stood in front of him. 

"I claim the right of kinship. Mira is my great granddaughter, and it is my right to seek your punishment. I spoke to the elder and he has allowed this. It will be my pleasure to hear your screams as I separate your flesh from your body. It's actually kind of a shame that the blade is so sharp. A duller blade would be more painful." Ashton began to cry and beg, while Raptor smile with sadistic glee at the site of his victim's terror. "You should understand  something about dragon kin, boy. We treasure our women. They are the cradle of life and any who damage that cradle is subject to a suitable punishment. You wanted to rape her, t breed her, to break her through sexual torture. That is why you are being castrated. The rest of your punishment has been explained." Looking over to where the old man hung silent and blind, Raptor forced his attention back to the prisoner. "Your father was blinded because he refused to see the consequences of his actions. He was allowed to keep his man flesh because he was not going to have any part in your vile actions, except to approve of them. Which is bad enough."

Tine had heard enough. He was leaving the cell. As he did, he heard Ashton screaming in terror, then screaming in pain and the sounds of his wretched sobs followed him up the stairs to the ground floor of the keep. Shutting the door, he turned and watched as the Clutch and Village Elders stepped forward from the shadows.

The village elder Marta, stepped forward and bowed before speaking, "Young Prince, it is well that you did not stain your hands with this type of blood. It is a stain that can taint your future. It would have been better to allow your beast to play with them then eat them. Your choice showed maturity and wisdom by ceding to your mates request. This will not haunt you in the future. Violence taints a person, even dragons, and I am glad for your choice." She bowed when she finished and left the keep through the large wooden door.

The Clutch Elder, Winston Firebright, bowed. "I also applaud your decision. It is as Marta stated, some times this things can stain a man's soul. This is the final night before you join with your mate and you take you place as the ruler of this valley, this region. This will be your Clutch. One week after your wedding, we will have another ceremony. One that will be your coronation as Dragon King." 

Tine watched as the Clutch Elder also left the keep, while he stood there in deep contemplation of his and his mate's future.