29

150 years later

"But Dad! " Then man said, displaying his displeasure at his sire's response. 

"Son, you sister cannot keep sneaking out of the fortress. She is of age to meet her mate. Obviously, no one here in the village is her mate. I want you to travel with her to the East. It has already been arranged. Shewin and Long are expecting you within the next week."

Father and son stood together, and anyone who cared to notice, they were a match for twins. Dragons stopped aging around 30 or 35 years of age. However, the son was still not yet there. He was only 28, and the sister that was being discussed was 23. She was a wild child. Her great-great grandfather had indulged her shamelessly and she lacked a lot of discipline. If not for the girl's mother's intervention, she probably would have a permanently sore bottom. His mother-in-law would laugh at his struggles. Here he was the King of the Dragons and couldn't even make  his own daughter behave.

"Please do this Apollo, for us. It would give me piece of mind to know that your sister was safe. You are one of our strongest warriors. Only the general and a few others are as strong." Mira waddled up to her husband and wrapped an arm around his waist and leaned against him. "Who knows, maybe Long and Adonica will get along. Lord knows Richard would probably appreciate having someone from home come to visit him, and you can discuss the different battle strategies that they use in the East."

Tine leaned down and kissed his heavily  pregnant wife." Geez dad! It's bad enough that mom is going to have another baby with us full grown. But, these public displays are not welcome." Apollo was standing there shaking his head at the way the two still acted. King and Queen, they may be, but they were still deeply in love with each other. And they acted like it. In private and in public. 

"Fine! I'll take Adonica to the East and stay for a while and visit with Richard and Shewin and Long." He had agreed laughingly, because he knew he really didn't have a choice. Duty to family, realm and even the village, was something he took seriously.

TO BE CONTINUED????????