You're not my mum

Pov Olivia: 

I am currently in third period which is math, I just don't understand why it's so damn important. It's not like any of us are gonna remember this crap. It's also not a secret that I hate school, the work and expectations, they are just unbelievable. Another reason why I hate it here is I don't have friends, not really. Of course there is Blake she's my best friend, but she's a year below me. I used to be friends with Phoebe, Tia and Cyrus but some shit went down and that's all in the past. It hadn't anything to do with me actually, it was that Blake stopped being friends with them so the best friend I am I also dropped them. 

I was on my phone texting my sister as my teacher called my name, I don't know his name though. I think it's something that starts with an S but i'm not sure. Me and Blake always call him Mr vanilla, let's just say he's very basic. "Miss Flores, is my class really that boring to you?" The man asks me which leads to the whole class looking at me, one of them being the gorgeous blonde i've been crushing on for months. "You really want me to answer that?" I ask him knowing he's so done with me and I think he should be used to it by now. 

The man never answered me so I ussumed he would want an answer. "Yes sir, your classes are boring as hell, so excuse me if i'd rather talk to someone who is actually interesting." The room erupted in laughter and mr vanilla gave me a look I know all too well. "Miss Flores you can go to the principal's office." I give him a fake smile before standing up and grabbing my backpack. 

As I get into the Principal's office I sit down and I wait to be told what I did wrong like always, it's not the first time mr vanilla has sent me here. "I've called your mother, she should be here any minute." As we waited for my mum to get here I got bored so I started to play some games on my phone. 

The door opened and my mother walked in looking angrier than ever, like she could possibly kill me. "Hermosa, what did you do this time?" I know it might sound a bit stupid but my mum has always called me hermosa, ever since I was born. "I can't help that mr I don't know his name is so boring." I tell my mum who looks at the principal. 

"What I don't understand is why you don't pay attention in your class, you're failing math and we need to find some sort of way to fix that." The principal says and all I want in this moment is to just walk out of here. "I can't help that I don't understand shit of it." I tell them and it's true. it's not that I don't want it or never even tried, I just don't get it. "Hermosa language. I can assure you she'll do better and apologize to her teacher." as she said the last part she looked directly at me and I nod not wanting anymore trouble. "Than I guess i'll let the both of you go now, but next time this happens she will get detension."

As I got into the car I could feel my mums angry glare at me."You are in so much trouble young lady." She told me as she starts to drive. "I know." 

__________________________________________

I was knocking on my best friend door and as the door opened I was immediately pulled into a hug. "What are you doing here? I thought you got in trouble at school." Blake said letting go of me and we walk to her room. "I did but that's not gonna stop me from going to that party, which you promised me you'd come with me to." I smiled at Blake letting her remember what she promised me the other day.  "We don't even know these people." Blake says trying to get out of it. 

"Bee you promised, besides who cares if we know them. it'll be fun regardless." I tell her putting my arm around her shoulder turning to the mirror in her room. "Now what are you gonna wear?" I say more asking myself than her, knowing my best friend she'll go with something basic and she's way to beautiful for that. We spend the next hour getting ready for the party. As we were leaving we said goodbye to Danny and Roberto, they are basically my second family.

We got into my car and were now driving to the party. "So what you do this time?" Blake asked me I guess she is talking about what happened at school. "Just mr vanilla being annoying again." She nods understanding, she knows how much I struggle with school and she's offered multiple times to help me, but I don't want to bother her with all my work when she's already taking care of Danny all the time. "We're here." I say and we both get out of the car and go into the party.

A lot of people were dancing so were me and Blake. After dancing for a while I look around I saw a few familiar faces, I recognise Harlan he was making out with some boy I don't know. I saw some people from my math class who I will most defenitely try and avoid at all cost, I hate that class if you notice by now. lastly I saw the gorgeous blonde she was looking at me, she didn't look away instead we held eye contact and she smiled at me. It wasn't for long as Blake pulled me with her, I think we're going to get some drinks. 

I was right as she handed me a cup. "Thanks bee." I said and for the next two hour we drank and danced and I thought about going up to the gorgeous blonde but I'm so drunk it probably isn't a good idea. I was talking to Blake when I see the girl coming our way, also coming our way is my sister. What the hell is my sister doing here?

"Olivia Flores you are in so much trouble!" She yelled at me over the music and I roll my eyes thinking she's being a bit dramatic. "Come on Sofia, we're just having some fun." I tell her and she only looks at me angrier. "You think you get to have fun after that stunt you pulled at school today, give me your keys."She says and i'm shocked because sofia is normally not like this, this is purely my mum. "You're not my mum!" As soon as I let the words out I realise my mistake. "You're damn luckily i'm not her, otherwise you'd be dead right now. You're drunk, so give me the damn keys i'm taking you home before she gets back from work." My mum works at the hospital so she works night shifts a lot. 

"I drove Blake here, i'm her ride." I tell her and I know she only wants what's best for me though but it can be annoying sometimes. "Fine, Blake you're coming too. You can sleep at our place." 

I didn't say anything to my sister since we left the party. I'm not mad at her, but I also will never admit to her that i'm actually glad she's looking after me. I'm laying in bed with Blake next to me and she's looking at me. "You know she loves you right." Blake says and I look at the ceiling. "I know."

"You could possibly be a bit nicer to her you know." Blake tells me and I know she's right, I love sofia more than anything. I appreciate everything she's done for me and believe me it's a lot that she has done. "I know." Soon after I fall asleep with my best friend next to me.