Mama

Pov Olivia:  

I got home from school about thirty minutes ago and i'm now laying on the couch. I have sweatpants on and I put on friends since it's my favorite show. If you saw a tear running down my cheek it wouldn't surprise me anymore since I cried for ten minutes straight now. Today sucked, I got an F on my math test, I fucked up with Luna and my feelings got hurt once again. I've always known mr vanila was heartless but that was hurtful, i've always tried with math so what he said was bullshit.

I'm laying down underneath a cozy blanket when the door opened but I couldn't be bothered to see who it was. I can hear footsteps coming into the room. "Hi sweetie." Maya says going to walk through to the kitchen, when she turns back around. "No hi mama back?" She asks me raising her eyebrows whilst she comes closer, sitting down on the couch next to me putting the palm of her hand on my head. "You feeling sick, sweetie?"

All of a sudden I start crying again, I can't help it. She pulls me into her arms and holds me close to her. Just the way she always used to hold me. 

Flashback: 

"Hi little birdie, how was it with your dad?" Maya asked me as she picks me up and spins us around. "Me and your mum missed you like hell." She says and I lay my head on her shoulder staying quiet. "Hey, what's going on little birdie? What happened?" She asks me putting me down, inspecting me for any injuries. She didn't find any until she reached my arm, there is a big cut just below my elbow. 

"How did this happen?" She asks me and I look down. "Dad got angry at me." I say just loud enough for her to hear and I start sobbing again. "That motherfucker!"  She picks me up and puts me on the couch laying me down and putting a blanket on top of me before putting on my favortie movie. "I'm gonna call your mum and i'm gonna be back in a minute." She says kissing my head before she walks out of the room. 

Just like she said after a minute or so she came back into the room and immediatly came to me taking me back into her arms. "If anyone hurts you my sweet little girl, you come and talk to me, okay? I won't let anyone hurt you." She tells me kissing my head again and we stayed this way for the rest of the day and night. 

Flashback ending.

That's what i've done ever since that day happened. Whenever something happened i'd go to Maya or as I like to call her mama. She's been in my life pretty much for as long as I can remember, she's always been the person i'd go to to talk. I know she won't tell anyone if I don't want to, she respects that and that's why I always go to her first. 

"You know we gotta talk about this, right? It's not good to go through things on your own." She says and I know she's right I should tell her. "I failed my math test again." I tell so quietly i'm not even sure if she heard me. "You don't have to be upset about that sweetie." She tells me wiping away my tears. "But mum will be dissapointed in me again." 

"Of course not, she loves you. We don't care if you fail or not, we know you try your hardest and if I understood anything of math i'd spend every second trying to teach you myself." I don't look her in the eyes I know I can't not without sobbing harder. "Mr. vanila said some mean stuff to me again, he told me i'm a disappointment." 

"You're mum and I are so proud of you baby, You have no idea." She kissed my head once again and I look up at her. "We've talked about this before, I have a feeling there is more going on. What is it?" She asks me and I should have known, she always knows when something is bothering me. Maybe because we're quite alike in some ways. "There is this girl I really like, i've liked her for a while now and we finally kissed. Of course I had to screw it up, I told her I didn't want to talk for now." I saw her eyes go big because i've never talked about liking anyone with her, that's something i'd keep to myself or only tell Blake. "If she really likes you, she'll fight for you." She tells me but that's the thing. "I don't want that, mama. I want her and I screwed up because i'm afraid. I have issues and If I let her in i'm afraid I won't be able to handle it if she were to leave my life." Yep you heard it I'm afraid to get attached to people. "Baby I know you got hurt in the past but if she's really that special you have to at least try. If she ever hurts you i'm gonna be right here for you, always." This is the last thing she says before we lay down on the couch, her holding me close for comfort. 

People sometimes tend to ask me if I wouldn't rather have a mother and a father instead of two mothers, but I always tell them I couldn't be happier having two amazing mothers. It's more of a blessing to me. I love my mum and she brought another amazing women into my life, who has helped me with so much. My father, well he's a dick and i'm glad I never have to see him ever again. If you'd ask me this is the way it's supposed to be. 

"Thank you, mama." I whisper to her before I fall asleep in her arms.