print("Eighteen")

Lena

I stormed out of the room into the hallway, my steps light and swift. I glide to Ari's room. She was on the bed. She had to be.

I kicked open the door. I wish I heard her jump and tell me to piss off, saying that I had no sense of privacy or respect for her. For once, I'd give anything to hear her run her mouth off at me. And yet, the room was still.

I swallowed.

"You know where she is."

I turned around to Raven, who was leaning against the door frame.

I opened my mouth, then closed it. "No, but I really wish I did."

"Think."

I sighed, plopped down on Ari's bed and thought. She wasn't in the base; Summer had checked every nook and cranny, and she knew this place better than anyone.

She couldn't be outside the base. Summer had also checked the shield area. If Ari were further out than there, she would be dead, especially with the robot-monsters mutating.

So then, where...?

My eyes widened so big I thought they would pop.

"No," I mouthed, barely a whisper.

Raven gave me the slightest nod.

"No," I repeated. "No!"

Raven shrugged. "It's not too bad."
I whipped toward her. "Are you kidding me? She's going to forget everything! She's stuck there!"

Raven snorted. "No, she's not. How do you think we got you out?"

I paused. "Oh, right."

My eyebrows furrowed. "But how'd she get there in the first place?"

Raven opened her mouth.

Paris rushed into the room, interrupting her. "Well, let's head to the lab!"

end

End