print("Twenty Five")

Lena

I sat up suddenly, breathing quickly and heavily. I was right where I was when I left.

Coming back from the Phantasm again was like waking up from a nightmare you've been having for the past three nights.

Thank god it went smoothly and I didn't get killed.

"Hey, welcome back," greeted John.

"Good to be back," I said.

I turned my head and noticed Summer inspecting Arya. I went to see her.

"How are you feeling?" Summer asked.

I shrugged, and winced. My shoulder hurt; badly.

"What happens in the Phantasm happens in real life," said Summer. "Even programming can't fake your feelings." She pulled a bandage out of the air, stuck it on me and gazed at my face.

She turned to Arya. "If you're worried about her, she's fine."

"Yeah. I know. She just seems different somehow."

"Let me talk to her."

I went up to Arya, who was sitting down on a chair, staring at the floor. I never knew she was the type to space out.

"You good?" I asked her.

She didn't reply.

"Hey!" I snapped my fingers in front of her face.

"Sorry," she said. "I'm going to my room."
Arya left the room.

"I'm sure she's fine, just a little mixed up." says Summer. "Coming back from the Phantasm can be a little overwhelming sometimes."

"How did she even get there?" I ask.

It was late, and we all agreed to head to our beds, and left the room.

I tossed myself onto my stony bed, somehow not breaking my back. God. It had been a long day, I still wondered to myself if Arya truly was okay. But the best I could do for her was give her time to get over it.

I turned to my side. I theorized about how she got to the Phantasm. Maybe the Symbionts got to her, somehow. Maybe some part of her was still connected to the Phantasm, and she got pulled back by the code.

It was so strange, and I knew that; but I was extremely tired and decided that it would be best for me to sleep on it.

I closed my eyes and allowed my consciousness to drift. I hoped that good things would come in the morning, and for pleasant dreams.

end

End