Chapter 16

*Cammei POV*

The familiar beats echo in my skull. The same buzz of producers, stage directors, and VIPs come pass me as I'm parked backstage. I get the same headache as I do everytime from the shrill squeals of teenage girls in love with my husbands music. Yes, you heard right. Husband.

It's been a crazy couple of years. I had been living in California with Sam for 2 years. Right after we got moved in, Sam proposed to me, and it happened just as you would expect. Sam took me for a stroll on the boardwalk and right as the sun was setting he got on one knee and popped the question. I look down at my beautiful ring at the thought of that moment. My forever has began I thought to myself.

I was suddenly shaken out of these thoughts by Clarissa, Sam's manager. She had been our backbone since we moved here. "Cammei, it's time."

I nodded my head and followed her to a ramp that would lead on stage. Something was about to happen that would change the course of mine and Sam's lives. One phrase could mean so much. I smiled at the thought.

I kept the smile on my face as I rolled my wheelchair up the smooth, black surface of the ramp.

I halted quickly and turned to look at Clarissa. With tears in my eyes I thanked her. "You've been such an extraordinary person to us since we moved here. And I can't wait for this next chapter in our lives. I say our because you are a part of our family, C."

She pulled at her headset, clearly caught off guard and shocked at my words. I saw the faint signs of tears welling up in her eyes.

I gave her a final smile before I heard my cue.

"Now can we have the beautiful Cammei Perkins to join us on stage," the voice of Marcus, Sam's drummer told me and the crowd.

I felt 20,000 pairs of eyes lock onto me as I wheeler toward Sam. He was shocked to see me but nevertheless, his smile never wavered.

"This is a pleasant surprise," he told me when I was finally beside him.

"Trust me it is."

He wrinkled his forehead. God, everything he does is beautiful. His green eyes hadn't dulled and neither had his charm.

I pulled a microphone up to my mouth. "Hey everyone," I tensed as I heard my voice echo around the stadium. The faces staring up towards me were intimidating. "Tonight I have a surprise for all of you and Sam."

I pointed toward the screen behind me.

On cue a video started playing. Sam sank down beside me and took my hand. The first picture was one from so long ago. The first day Sam and I had met at our family's dinner. The song that started playing was one that matched the next picture perfect. I was the girl Sam saw on the "fourteenth floor". He traded the pale blue eyes for misty grey ones but he got the next part right. In the time I had known Sam, her breathed me in. I was his and he mine. His voice was my voice. We shared a love like no other. I chuckled at a picture of me pre accident. Sam had thrown me across his shoulder after I scored a goal on him in a friendly soccer game.

I let out a shaky breath I didn't realize I had been holding. The big surprise was coming up. Picture after picture went by. Our plane ride to Cali. First home. Studio sessions. Charlie, our dog. Beach strolls. And finally a picture of myself. My hands forming a heart on my stomach.

I looked down at Sam. Tears were rolling down his face.

"You.. You're pregnant?" He asked in shock.

I nodded as I wiped a tear. "Yes, baby I am," I answered.

Sam pulled me down for a kiss and the sound of thousands of hands clapping rang in my ears.

It was happening. The unthinkable. The incredible. I was pregnant. I was paralyzed but finally with child.

"I love you Cammei."

I smiled. Oh how I love my Sam.

AHHH A YEAR IN THE WAITING. Short and to the point because this has been my image of the final chapter since chapter 1. Thank you all for every comment, like, vote throughout the years. You are an incredible group of fans and I'm blessed that you guys put up with me! Thanks for staying on this crazy love rollercoaster with Sam and Cammei!
I need inspiration with a new story however.. Any tips?
I love you all!

Xoxo ~ Rylee