Chapter 15

*Cammei POV*

"I'm sorry for overreacting," I told Amy.

"Cammei its-"

I held up a hand stopping her. "Let me finish because my apologies are rare. Having a near death experience opened my eyes to some things. If you and my brother want to be together, I'm okay with that. I flipped out because I was afraid of losing either of you, and I thought because you didn't tell me, I already had. But I know now how wrong I was..."

There was a moment of silence. The only sound was coming from my speakers. It'd been three weeks since I had been released from the hospital. I wish I could say that everything was peachy, but it wasn't.

The wreck left me paralyzed from the waist down. It ended my soccer career and almost cost me my life. What happened to me was a miracle. Even though I wouldn't be walking again, I was alive.

Amy wiped away a tear that escaped from her eye as she responded. "Cammei, seeing you on a hospital bed, not moving, not breathing on your own, I thought I had lost you. I looked back at everything we'd been through together and thought that it was over because of a fight; a fight that almost killed you. While I waited to hear if you would live or die," she choked back a sob. I pushed her hair from her eyes, "I prayed and prayed that God would let you live and me die. I wanted it to be me in your position because you're my best friend. I have no idea what I would do without you."

I couldn't stop the stream of tears that came next. "You're such an idiot..."

She chuckled, "Why?"

"You know I wouldn't want you to die for me."

Amy shrugged, pulling her dark hair to one side. "On a different note, I'm loving the hair."

I squealed in excitement. Two days ago, I decided I needed some kind of drastic change. So, what every teenager would do, I dyed my hair. Blonde. "I hope Sam likes it," I replied, a small blush creeping up on my face. At first, the thought of any feelings for a guy made me want to vomit, but I was used to the constant butterflies in my stomach whenever Sam was mentioned.

She stood up and walked behind my wheelchair and started pushing me towards the front door. "I guess we're about to find out," she whispered in my ear.

Ever since the accident, Sam and I had gotten back together. I realized how stupid our breakup was and how b*tchy I had been. But that's what happens when you love someone I guess, they bring out the best and the worst in you.

Tonight was supposed to be very special, according to Sam and Amy. We were going on our first official date since we had been back with each other. I was forced to get out of my tights and baggy t-shirt. Instead, Amy helped me into a simple, white sundress with some sandals that made me feel like a Greek Goddess.

"Thank you for helping me get dressed," I acknowledged her. It was hard getting into the vibe of not being able to move my legs.

About that time, the door opened and in walked the most handsome, breathtaking, boy that ever came into my life. Somehow, his curls were always the perfect combination of messy yet flawless. His green eyes sparkled and a huge grin spread on his face when we made eye contact.

"Cam, you look... beautiful," He bent down and kissed the top of my head, "I love your hair."

I smiled, "Thanks." Amy let him take over with my chair. He pushed me out the door and down our new ramp.

"Now how do you plan on getting me into your fabulous truck?" I looked up at him and stuck my tongue out.

He winked at me as I was jerked to a stop. "Just like this," he told me. Suddenly, my "prince in Polo armor" swept me up and walked me to my chariot. I laughed as he sat me down and even buckled me in.

"You're something else," I called to him as he placed my wheelchair in the back.

"I know," his cocky side replied.

1 Hour Later

"This is it," Sam told me as we pulled into the parking lot of a familiar park.

"Isn't this where you gave me this?" I asked, showing him the promise ring he gave so many months ago.

He nodded before he got out and helped me get situated in my friend. "I figured that it should be like a holding ground for every special announcement in our lives."

I looked at him, confused. "What do you mean?"

He didn't say anything else until we arrived under the exact tree. "Cammei, a record label signed me last Friday."

My jaw dropped. Sam's goal, his dream, was finally coming true. Everything he worked for was paying off. "Oh my gosh, that's amazing, Sam!" I reached for his face and pulled him into a kiss.

"We start recording next month," he said with hesitance. I saw discomfort in his eyes.

I pulled him down beside me, "What is it?"

He ran a hand through his hair, sending curls everywhere. "That mean I'll be moving to California."

My heart dropped. After all that had happened, we still couldn't be together. "Oh."

"But that's the next thing I want to talk to you about," he cleared his throat, "Cammei, would you do me the honor of traveling across the country and moving in with me?"

A thousand thoughts went through my mind but only two words. "Of course."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay for updates! Lol! Happy New Years! I think this is a great way to start off the year: an update! I hope you all will try you hardest to stick with resolutions!

I went to a Connect conference this past weekend in Tennessee and it was FANtastic. Tenth Avenue North performed and did great, of course. Look them up if you want to!

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment! Blonde Cammei is on the side!

Follow me on Instagram:
@_just_rylee_ and on Twitter: @rylee_kaitlyn (I changed my username from Rylee_RedHead)