Thirty-One.

Gimpo International Airport, South Korea.

"When will Jenna be landing?" Lilly asked Chris who was walking by her left, strolling their luggage. At her right, there were Mia and Lino, strolling the rest of the luggage.

"Tomorrow morning. She'll meet us in Seoul." Chris answered.

"Lilly," Lino called. "Aren't we supposed to inform them that we landed in South Korea? We didn't even tell them we're heading here now."

"I'll give Minho a call." Lilly replied.

The four friends stopped once they passed the terminal gates of the airport. They were finally there in South Korea, ready to unveil whatever oddness this place had. Ready to dig deep and find answers to their questions.

The boys spotted the car they rented and the driver standing next to it with the label of Lino's name. Quickly, they started loading their luggage in it while Lilly stayed aside to call Minho.

"Hello, Minho?" Lilly talked once the line was picked up.

"Hello, Lillian." Minho's broken English accent echoed.

"Umm, I just called to tell you we are here. I mean in South Korea."

"Oh! W-welcome. That was surprising." He chuckled awkwardly. "But we're not in Seoul right now. All of us."

"It's okay. Actually, we're not heading to Seoul. We have some business to take care of in Busan."

"Wow!" He chuckled again, more brightly this time. "We are in Busan! Our friend was moving out from her old studio to a new one so we are all here to help her."

"That's great!" Lilly giggled. "I guess we'll meet sooner then?"

"I'll send you the address. Come once you're done with your business."

"Sounds good. See you later." With that, Lilly and Minho hung up the call.

"Hey, Lilly." Chris called. "Let's go."

Lilly nodded and walked to the car then hopped in the back seat with Mia and Lino, while Chris was in the passenger's seat. "Looks like the sky is on our side." Lilly giggled.

"Why?" Mia asked.

"Minho and the whole squad are actually in Busan. He gave me the address and told me to head there once we are done."

"Great! We're sparing some time." Lino uttered.

"So, where are we heading now?" Mia asked.

"To Sora's parents." Lilly stated before she shoves her head and look out through the window as the car pulled away.

Meanwhile in Busan, South Korea.

The whole squad was moving up and down the art studio frantically. Sky, the studio owner and the squad's talented artist, was yelling here and there at them and how they were handling her precious paintings. Felix, her boyfriend was trying to calm her down but ended to be scolded too so, he ran to whine to his sister, Aria, who just laughed at him. His nice sister started to be a little mean since she started dating Seungmin. The boy's influence on her was no joke.

Changbin and his girlfriend Dabi were responsible for moving the heavy boxes and sorting them. The soon-to-be-married couple, Chan and Alana, were cleaning some shelves, holders, and windows. Jisung, being the scenographer he is, was arranging the paintings, making sure they leave a strong impression on whoever sees them. Anastasia followed his orders in placing the paintings.

Hyunjin was as useless as ever, moving from one corner to another to take selfies but he somehow convinced Sky that what he was doing was important for her popularity and that his so many followers will come to visit her studio once he posts those photos on Instagram. Jeongin was crying in one corner after he was scolded heavily by Sky because he dropped a couple of paintings and almost damaged them as he was careless with moving them. He wasn't actually that careless. He just didn't see properly because of the tears that were blurring his eyes. When will he ever stop crying?

"Guys!" Minho, who was outside receiving the call, walked in again and called them. They all stopped whatever they were doing and paid him their attention. "They are here. The doppelgangers."

"What? So suddenly?" Alana jolted. She's been the most affected since she knew there was another her living across the earth.

"Hm." Minho nodded. "It seems they have something to do here in Busan. They'll come over once they are done."

"They'll come here?" Sky asked. "Lillian Davis is coming to my studio?" She almost squeaked.

"Damn!" Felix groaned. "My ears!" He rubbed his poor ear.

"She's not here to enjoy your paintings." Seungmin rolled his eyes.

"She'll enjoy them." Jisung talked. "I made sure everyone lays eyes on them, enjoys them." He smiled proudly, pointing at the corner that he and Ana had already organized.

Ahead of them, there was a painting of a storming sky, with streaks of silver lightning decorating it. Behind it, there were different paintings with different vibes. A few paintings were of eyes that looked different but somehow, looked the same. There was a painting of a bus stop, drenched in rain. A little to the left, there was a canvas with an old locket compass that had its pointer away from the north. Hanging above it, there was a painting of an abandoned dark inside-out warehouse-like building by some river.

"One second!" Ana yelled. She rushed to one corner and pulled two of the canvas holders. She positioned the two holders right and left to the one that held the painting with the storming sky. Ana walked to the back and came with two wrapped paintings. She placed them on the holders and then she started unwrapping them. "Now, it's all done." She added, dusting off her hands.

Anastasia stepped back and stood next to Jisung to take a look over that corner as all of the squad were doing.

The painting on the right was one of a dark background and two wooden enormous gates facing each other as if they were floating in outer space. The painting on the left was of two triangles.

Two equilateral triangles, meeting at the apexes and mirroring each other, giving the shape of an hourglass. 

***

Now, my lovely readers, I think you have to take a second look on the book's cover cause it was never some random photo💁🏻‍♀️