Forty-Nine.

"W-what did you just say?" Mia stuttered. "What the hell was that, Lino?" She glared at her fiancé.

"What? I told you I can't guarantee the outcomes of this so, I can promise you nothing." Lino defended.

"So, you can't promise to come back safe for me?" She scoffed. She stepped closer to face him completely because he had been avoiding looking her in the eyes since they started this conversation. "You are not planning anything stupid, are you?"

"I'm not planning anything, Mia!" He sighed in frustration. "But look at where we are! We are at the entrance of a cave, nearly at midnight, trying to perform a ritual that is going to stir the world and bring every single oddness through the gates we open! How can I promise you anything?"

"Can't you just try to assure me?" Her voice hitched as she was trying to fight crying, but her tears betrayed her and started rolling down her cheeks, making it impossible for Lino not to notice the shaken state she was in even if it was dark around them. "I'm terrified." She whispered. "What if something goes wrong? What if I lose you as Sabrina lost Hwan in the same rituals before?"

Softening for how scared she was, Lino took a step towards her, allowing her head to rest gently on his shoulder as he wrapped an arm around her, letting his presence assure her a little. "I can't promise you that I'll come back safely." He whispered. "But I promise you that I'll do my best to come back to you." He paused to lift her head up and meet her teary eyes. "So, you too have to promise me. Whatever the consequences are, whatever happens, you have to live on." Resting his forehead on hers. "Please, please." He almost whimpered. "Be strong for me. Carry on with your life and don't look back."

"Stop." She shook her head in denial as her cries turned into sobs. "Don't talk like that."

"Shh." He shushed her softly while caressing her damp cheeks, wiping her flooding tears away. He pulled back a little just to plant a soft long peck on her forehead. "I love you." He mumbled against her skin. "I love you more than anything and anyone. I've never loved anyone as I love you and I know I'll never do."

"I love you too." She sobbed. "Please come back to me." She pleaded, tightening her grip around his shirt, afraid that if she let go, he would disappear.

"I'll do my best." He replied shortly.

Wiping her tears again and giving her one more assuring hug, she started to collect herself and calm down a little. Mia decided to join the rest of the group inside the cave where they were preparing for the ritual. They came back the following night with all the determination to get that done once and for all, and they started setting up the place with the rocks, candles, and whatever they needed with the help and guidance of Hwan.

"You'd better keep your word." Minho's voice came to interrupt Lino's thoughts. He stepped closer to Lino and stood facing him. "You'd better try your best to keep yourself safe and come back to her. Otherwise, I'll make sure to be the one who drags you to hell."

Lino scoffed. "Wow! You really hate me. You spare no chance in threatening me."

"I don't hate you," Minho uttered, making Lino look at him with confusion. "I hated what you did, not you." Minho sighed. "And now we are fixing it so, there is no reason to keep hating anyways. As long as you keep your promise, I'm not planning to punch you again." Minho paused to look at him intensely. It was as if he was about to plea for him. "If anything goes wrong, make sure you keep yourself safe. Think of yourself. No! Think of Mia and what she would have to go through if something happened to you."

Smiling gratefully, Lino understood what Minho was trying to tell him. "Thank you. You too, make sure you come back safe." Lino looked over his shoulder inside the cave. Some of their group were seen while the others were deep inside. "You are very precious to all of them. So, you too have to think of them while we are in there. You have to come back for them." Lino smiled at him. "Maybe you don't know that, but they call you their anchor. Think of what will happen to them without an anchor."