Chapter 1

August 30th 1992

Today was the day; today was the day that you would be going back to Hogwarts but not as a student or as a professor. It was strange taking over the position of another Professor that has taken leave for the next two years. You didn't know Professor Filius Flitwick because you had graduated before he came to teach charms at Hogwarts. Charms wasn't your strong suit but you figured it was better than what I was doing before. You didn't know the other professors that were teaching at Hogwarts besides Professor McGonagall and Professor Dumbledore.

You put on a black pair of slacks and a red button-up blouse. Pulled on a pair of black-wedged heels. You made my way outside of my house and disapparated to Hogsmeade. It was the fastest way and you didn't want to ride the train to Hogwarts, which some professors prefer but it wasn't your forte.

You walked past Hogsmeade and made your way to the castle. Smiling and looking at all of the different flowers growing. You forgot how peaceful the walk to Hogwarts was. So many memories filled my brain, as I got closer to Hogwarts. So many memories of being on the Ravenclaw Quidditch team. So many unhappy memories also filled your brain. You shook my head to get those thoughts to leave my brain. You didn't need to think of those memories at this moment.

You got to the castle and made your way in. Dumbledore asked you to meet him in the great hall for a teachers' meeting before we started. You noticed Professor McGonagall talking to Professor Dumbledore so you strolled in next to them. "Afternoon," you smiled. They both smiled at you and gave little hugs. "So happy you took this position for Hogwarts," Dumbledore said.

"Thank you for thinking of me," you couldn't stop smiling.

"How have you been since you graduated?" Professor McGonagall asked.

"It's been interesting," you said not wanting to explain what you had been doing.

"Ah finally we have everyone in the great hall so we can start our meeting," Dumbledore's eyes sparkled. You turned around to see the one person you never thought you would see in a million years, "Severus," you softly say.

"Oh goody, a family reunion," Dumbledore said.

"It's not a family reunion," you stated as you glared at Severus and he glared back.

"Indeed," Severus' soft velvety voice said.

There was another man next to him whom you did not recognize. He had floppy blond hair, a smile reaching from ear to ear, and dressed flamboyantly. There is no way this man is straight. The blond man walked up to you. "Gilderoy Lockhart, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five times winner of Witch's Weekly's Most Charming Smile Award," he smiled and held out his hand. You looked at him and back to his hand. You slowly put my hand in his. He squeezed your hand and pulled you in closer. "You look very ravishing," he purred. You pulled my hand out of his hand a stepped back. You walked away from him and walked over to Severus. "Hi, (Y/N)," he said softly.

You nodded, "hi."

It was strange being next to Severus but you felt comfortable around him even though you hadn't seen him since before Lily's death.