Chapter 5

Severus

February 10th 1974

"Are you done rolling that bunt yet, Severus," (Y/N) asked impatiently. She knew I didn't enjoy rolling these and it didn't help that my fingers were long and thick. "I can't do it," I said while standing up and handing it to (Y/N).

She sat down and got to work. I had snuck her into the Slytherin common room because she didn't want to have her peers in Ravenclaw see her do this. They were too intelligent and knew nothing of muggle drugs. Sure I didn't like muggles but they sure made some nice things that we wizards and witches like.

She held up the blunt she just rolled with a smile. "You need to get better at using your hands," she smiled and lit the blunt. She put the blunt to her mouth and puffed. She giggled.

"What are you two doing?" We both turned around to see Professor McGonagall staring at us in awe. "Nothing," I said as I put the other joints behind my back. (Y/N) put her joint behind her back before Professor McGonagall noticed. Or so we thought.

"Detention with me for a week, both of you!" She spat as she held out her hand.

I looked over at (Y/N) who was smiling from ear to ear. Such a lightweight. She started to giggle and handed the Professor her lit joint. She grabbed it and blew it out. She held out her hand in front of me. I handed her the baggie. "After dinner and you both better not be late."

We nodded and headed to the great hall. I sat down at the Slytherin table as (Y/N) sat at the Ravenclaw table. I looked over at Lily who was talking to Potter. I was annoyed, to say the least. As dinner was over I made my way over to Lily. "What are you and (Y/N) doing tonight?"

"We have detention with McGonagall," I said.

"Again?"

I nodded.

—-
September 7th 1992

Usually, I enjoy giving and making students suffer from detentions but with it being Weasley and Potter... I wanted to just cancel. A week of suffering for me instead of them. I knew if I cancelled Minnie would have my head. I wanted to just go to my private chambers and sulk. I didn't know if (Y/N) meant what she said. People can like more than one person I get that but why didn't she? Maybe she was so oblivious that she didn't notice my advances. After I had been rejected by Lily I made moves towards (Y/N). Not right after but I tried. I hated that I obliviated her mind from that moment but I couldn't deal with another rejection. I regretted it, for obliviating her mind, but at the time I couldn't lose another friend. In reality, I lose both of them.

*knock, knock*

"Enter," I said from the desk where I was grading papers at. Weasley and Potter both entered with their heads down. "Sit far apart from each other," I bellowed. Both the boys nodded and sat at two different desks. "You will be spending a week with me in detention and do not think I will take it easy on you. You may be Gryffindors and under  Professor McGonagall but don't think you won't get punished," I spat, "Grab the cauldrons from the racks and clean them. By hand and no magic." Both the boys groaned in agony while they walked to the other side of the room for the cauldrons. "I do not want I hear you whining!" I snapped.

Both of the small boys got the cauldrons and brought them to the desk. I sat down in my chair and started grading homework. Why in the world do I assign so many assignments to my students? It only makes it worse for me. Each of these students is dreadful with their writing and not knowing what each potion is. Then again, I was rough on them and they were just children. Maybe (Y/N) was right about my teaching methods but I didn't want to give her that satisfaction of being right.

"Professor?" I looked to see Weasley staring at me.

"What?" I spat.

"What else would you like me to do?" He paused, "I am almost done with the cauldrons."

"Weasley clean the floors and Potter you will be spending your detention with Professor Lockhart," I paused, "meet him in his office now."

The boy stood up looked at Weasley and scurried out of the classroom.

—-

September 8th, 1992
Dinner time-

I made my way to the great hall and noticed (Y/N) sitting in the middle of where I sat and Minnie. I sat down, "morning," I said nonchalantly. (Y/N) didn't say anything but instead nodded. Was she mad at me for doing that to her when we were in school? I thought it was best. "Can we talk?" I whispered.

"No," she said as she stood up and walked away.

Detention- 6:30pm

I didn't have much for Weasley to do and I didn't want him to grade papers because it would've been all messed up. So I let Weasley leave early. "You may leave," I said, "tomorrow after dinner again."

He nodded and scurried out of the classroom.

I made my way out of the classroom and heard some talking. More like yelling. "I'll kill you, I'll kill you!" I turned the corner to see students in the corridor and Flich glaring at Potter as he held him by his shirt.

"Argus?" Albus paused, "Argus, I," he glances at the writing on the wall, "Everyone will proceed to their dormitories immediately." Students start to leave as well as Weasley, Granger, and Potter. "Everyone except you three," the children turn around. I look at the blood-stained on the wall. "Enemies of the Heir, beware."

"Ravenclaws, follow me," a Ravenclaw prefect says.

"She's not dead, Argus." She has been petrified," (Y/N) says. Argus trembles and he breathes out hard.

"Ah. Thought so. So unlucky I wasn't there. I know exactly the countercurse that could've spared her," I looked at Lockhart and rolled my eyes and I looked back at (Y/N) who looked more annoyed.

"But how she has been petrified I cannot say," Albus says.

Filch points towards Potter, "Ask him. It's him that has done it. You saw what he wrote on the wall."

"It's not true, sir. I swear. I never touched Mrs. Norris," Potter said

"Rubbish."

"If I might, headmaster. Perhaps Potter and his friends were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time," I paused and looked at the three young students looking as shocked as (Y/N) was, "However, the circumstances are suspicious. I for one don't recall seeing Potter at dinner."

"I'm afraid that's my doing, Severus. You see, Harry was helping me answer my fan mail," Lockhart said.

"That's why Ron and I went looking for him, Professor. We just found him when he said...," the small bushy-haired Gryffindor said. She looks at Harry

"Yes, Ms. Granger?" I asked.

"When I said I wasn't hungry," I turn towards Potter, "We were heading back to the common room when we found Mrs. Norris." I turn back to Albus.

"Innocent until proven guilty, Severus," Albus says.

"My cat has been petrified. I want to see some punishment!" Flitch says.

"We will be able to cure her, Argus. As I understand it, Madame Sprout has a very healthy growth of Mandrakes. When matured, a potion will be made, which will revive Mrs. Norris," he paused, "And in the meantime, I strongly recommend caution... to all."

Everyone started to go their way when I caught up to (Y/N). "Can we talk now?" I asked.

"Severus," she stopped and turned around, "I don't want to talk to you right now. Just give me some time to wrap my head around everything."

I nodded.