Chapter 2

September 1st 1992

Severus

I wanted to be alone for a few before students arrived. I still couldn't believe (Y/N) would be teaching here. Would I work be friendly with her while she was here or would be butt heads? Did I still like her? There was no way there were plenty of women that I slept with that I should've been desensitized.

"Professor," I looked up to see Flitch holding Potter and Weasley by the collars.

"What is going on?"

Flitch handed me the daily prophet and pushed the two boys in.

"You were seen! By no less than seven Muggles. Do you have any idea how serious this is? You
have risked the exposure of our world. Not to mention the damage you inflicted on a Whomping Willow that has been on these grounds before you were born!" I snapped.

"Honestly, Professor Snape, I think it did more damage to us," Weasley stated.

"Silence! I assure you, were you in Slytherin and your fate rested with me, the both of you would be on the train home tonight. As it is --" I was cut off.

"They are not," Dumbledore said and Minnie was next to him.

"Professor Dumbledore... Professor McGonagall," Potter said softly.

"Headmaster, these boys have flouted the Decree for the Restriction of Underage Wizardry. As such..." I was cut off again.

"I'm well aware of our bylaws, Severus, having written more than a few myself. However, as Head of Gryffindor House, it is for Professor McGonagall to determine the appropriate action," Dumbledore said.

"We will go and get our stuff," Weasley said.

"What are you talking about, Mr. Weasley?" Minnie asked the red-headed boy.

"Well you are going to expel us aren't you?"

Not today, Mr. Weasley. But I must impress upon both of you the seriousness of what you have done. I will be sending owls to both of your families tonight. And you will each get a detention with Professor Snape," Minnie said, "starting after your first week of classes."

I glared a most venomous stare at the boys and then back at Minnie. Seriously, Minnie? Why punish me?

"Students will be arriving," Dumbledore said, "we should get back to sorting and the feast."

(Y/N)

You saw Severus storm back in with Dumbledore and McGonagall right behind them. With two boys following them. One of the boys was a redheaded boy and the other you thought you would never see again. Harry Potter. Lily's son.

September 2nd 1992 ☆。*。☆。☆。*。☆。

You made your way to the charms classroom and sat down at your desk. You breathed out. You can do this, (Y/N). You have done this before this was just a different setting. Students started to arrive. These students were second years. Harry would be in this class. You saw them stroll in. The same boy from last night was with him and a young bushy-haired girl followed them in.

"I'm going to take roll," you smiled, "if you all sit down we can get started on our lesson."

They all sat down with small smiles on their faces. There was one boy that you were concerned about, he looked like he had been crying. You decided after roll call you would confront him.

"Susan Bones," she raised her hand.

"Seamus Finnigan," you said, the small boy raised his hand.

You went down the list one by one.