Chapter 4

September 6th 1992

You decided that you would go down and watch students play Quidditch since you were free from classes until tomorrow. You noticed that it was Slytherin out practicing. You sat down on the bleachers and got out my book. You missed playing Quidditch, you had played Quidditch for five years of Hogwarts. You quite enjoyed it and wondered if you still had the courage and oomph to get on a broom. "What are you doing here?" You turned to see Severus standing in the doorway looking at me. You smiled, "I don't have any more classes for the rest of the day."

"Reliving your days in school?" he said.

"Sort of," you said, "little afraid to get on a broom since my last encounter," Severus made his way into the bleachers' area and sat down next to you.

"What happened the last time you got on the broom?"

"I fell," you paused, "I'm surprised you don't remember. You were there."

"When you fell off your broom?" He asked, "During that awful ungodly snow and wind storm?"

You nodded, "Scared me half to death."

"Slytherin won that match," he said.

You scoffed, "Because I fell to my death."

"You survived," he said.

"I was in a hospital bed for a month, Severus," you pushed him slightly but he didn't budge.

"Are you trying to push me?"

"Yes, god when did you get so built and ruddy?" You smiled.

"Lots has happened since we saw each other last," he said.

"No doubt," you frowned, "what are you doing here?"

"Head of house," he paused, "watching my Slytherin students practice. We have a new seeker, Draco Malfoy."

"I thought you hated Quidditch?"

"I don't enjoy riding a broom, but I like to see my team win," he said, "what team are you going to root for? Gryffindors or Slytherin this next game?"

"Gryffindor," you gave him a slight smirk.

"You always did that in school," he shook his head.

"I only did it to make you mad," you smiled.

"You always knew how to push my buttons," he chuckled, and soon cleared his throat, "So, I guess you're married since your last name has changed," Severus seemed sad almost. "Oh god, no," you said, "that was not the reason I changed my last name."

Severus raised an eyebrow, he was curious but soon his mouth turned into a smile, "oh."

You sighed, "Why didn't you come to their funeral?"

You looked at Severus whose face went from smiling to stone cold, "I promise you, (Y/N) you didn't want me there. I know for certain Lily didn't want me there."

"You don't know that," you said.

"She hated me, (nickname)," you gasped slightly from hearing Severus say your nickname. You hadn't heard anyone use it since Lily was murdered. Then again you hadn't seen Severus for a year before her death. "I was terrible, I called her a mud blood."

"Doesn't mean she didn't care for you," you said, "she didn't hate you."

"Do you hate me?" His onyx eyes glistened as he blinked a couple of times.

You cleared my throat as you were going to speak you were cut off, "What are you two doing up here?" You turned my head to see Lockhart standing there watching us. "Mind your business, Lockhart," Severus spat.