3🦋

Avery would be lying if she said she wasn't looking forward to Tuesday when she would help Liam with his English again.

She brushed the thought off-her mind set on the made-up excuse that she only wanted Tuesday to come already so she could get it over with.

Zayn began to notice this--her liking towards Liam. He watched intently as she blabbered on about how annoying he was when he had asked her countless questions during their analysis of Macbeth.

"I was trying to show him the blood and milk symbolisation in Macbeth, but no he was all like 'so what's your favourite colour' and I was like dude I don't know what does it look like while pointing to my hair. Then he laughed and asked another question!"

She was pacing up and down her bedroom, breathless and on the verge of yet another rant. All Zayn had done was come in and tell her dinner is ready and yet here he was ten minutes later listening to her complain.

Zayn nodded along to her words, noticing the way she became so worked up over Liam. Avery tended to be an 'I don't give a fuck kind of girl' and here she was, giving a fuck about none other than Liam Payne.

It made Zayn angry but his facial expressions and body language conveyed nothing but calmness.

"Are you done yet?" he asked after a moment.

"I just-Zayn, he's literally coming over here in a couple of days. What the fuck do I do?"

"I got it!" Zayn exclaimed, and Avery looked towards him with hopeful eyes, "Why don't you just tell him not to come at all!"

Hopeful turned into a scowl and she stuck the middle finger up at her brother, before flopping down onto her bed.

"Whatever Av I'm hungry so I'm going for dinner," Zayn mumbled, before leaving Avery's room.

Avery basked in the silence and proceeded to rant this time in her head. It soon became apparent to herself as well, that maybe she truly did like Liam and not in a platonic way.

She gagged at the thought.

~~~~~~~~

"So" Liam spoke on Tuesday as he followed Avery out of their English class and into the courtyard, "Where's your car?"

Avery laughed, "Oh no, I walk to and from school. It's not far, you'll be fine"

She held her textbooks to her chest and Liam kindly asked if she wanted him to take them for her to which she told him to fuck off because she's an independent, strong woman. He laughed and agreed.

When they got to the gates of the school, Avery came to an abrupt halt and Liam furrowed his eyebrows at the sudden stop.

When she didn't move and stood there with the wind in her face and hair flying through it-Liam grew even more confused, "Why are we just standing here?"

Avery glanced over at him, sending him a weird look, "Uh because we're waiting for my brother..?"

Liam's brown eyes sparked in realisation. Still, he was baffled. When she had said she had siblings, he just assumed they didn't happen to attend the same school because if they did, surely he would know. Right?

"Is he a year 8 or something?" Liam asked, because that's the only logical reason as to why he wouldn't know them if they were in a much younger year.

Avery laughed again, shaking her head in amusement, "No you idiot he's in our year."

Just as she said this, Zayn appeared-a book in his hand like always and his hair all messy and neat, light raven strands all over the place as he walked over to them with a slight smirk on his pink-tinged lips.