11🦋

"What are you doing?" Zayn huffed out when Liam caught up to him and began matching his strides.

"I'm making sense of this. I'm not going to be left confused all over again," Liam said, his voice serious and his eyes sparkling with determination.

Zayn parted his lips, ready to tell Liam to fuck off but quickly stopped himself at a sudden change of heart.

Maybe Liam was just that persuasive, but in all honesty, he knew he was being unfair and complicated.

Expect he was sure of one thing.

"Liam, you're not-"

"-Gay? Yeah I didn't think so either. Untill met you and then I kissed you. I'm not going to sit here and deny my sexuality because I honestly don't care if I like boys, girls or everything in between. All I care is that I have never felt the feelings I feel for you."

Zayn fell into a silence at Liam's words, leaving him dumbstruck and wide-eyed. They continued walking beside each other but Zayn stopped himself, pulling Liam
back with him.

"I like you Liam, I do. But I need you to understand that just because I do, it doesn't mean I want to date you," his sentences were almost harsh but the softness in Zayn's tone killed all the bad immediately. Liam shook his head, "That doesn't even make sense Zayn "

"Yeah well I don't make sense okay?"

He picked up his feet again, stepping over the concrete path in a direction he wasn't. quite sure he was following.

He heard Liam right behind him, letting out a heavy sigh as he ran his hands through his hair.

"Is it because of Avery? Is it because you still hate me? How can you hate someone you like?" Liam rambled away and Zayn gritted his teeth at his mindless questions.

"I hate you because l like you and I don't want to. I don't want to like you."

He felt Liam stop this time, and he fell into his own halt, turning to face a hurt looking Liam.

"Ouch," he grumbled, looking away. It wasn't long before Liam was speaking up again and every ounce of regret Zayn was feeling towards what he had said, vainished
as quick as it appeared.

"If you hate liking me... Then why do you like me?" Liam asked.

Zayn pondered on the question for a moment, "I don't know."

"You feel it too don't you? The undeniable attraction. I know you do, the way you kissed me the other night tells me that."

The kiss. Zayn thought back to it, his cheeks burning up into a messy blush. It was passionate and quick, but Liam's lips
moulded against his own-felt perfect.

He didn't say anything, basking in the silence and that was enough confirmation for Liam.

"Then kiss me again," Liam whispered, stepping closer and forgetting their surroundings, "Kiss me and tell me that this can't happen."

And so Zayn did, much to Liam's surprise.

He pushed himself closer and brushed their lips together before moving them against Liam's. Liam was quick to respond, reaching out a hand to cup Zayn's chin.

It was perfection all over again, but short-lived as Zayn ripped his lips away and realised what he had done.

"Don't leave," Liam murmured, leaching onto the other boy's arm.

Zayn met his eyes, "I have to.."

"You're only making this hard on yourself Zayn," he mumbled before motioning his head in a forward direction, "Go then. I'll be waiting."