8🦋

Liam Payne liked Avery Malik. He was sure of it.

Despite his recent thoughts, he had never been so adamant on something in his life.

Liam Payne was clueless and of void to his own damn butterflies.

Liam Payne never once thought of liking the
same sex. It never even crossed his mind.

Liam Payne was yet, burning with jealousy as he passed Zayn and Louis sitting together at lunch.

Liam Payne wanted to be Zayn's friend. Badly.
But why? To make the boy smile, to be his first true friend but someone else had already beaten him to it and he was engulfed in an unknown reason of rage.

Liam Payne didn't know why to which this made him so angry, why he wanted to befriend Zayn so badly, he just did.

And he found himself, somehow and. unknowingly -curving in his direction, in his run and no longer focused on catching the girl he liked but instead craving for friendship with her brother.

Liam Payne was a mess and yet, he didn't even know it.

Liam found himself approaching Louis after their football game, every word he wanted to say aching in the depths of his throat and doing nothing to ease the dryness.

But when he stood in front of Louis under the sun that seemed to never leave, and opened his mouth to speak-nothing seemed to come out.

Louis wore a smirk, and the more Liam stared at it, the higher his confusion increased.

Within a split second, Liam had zoned out and was mindlessly watching drops of sweat trickle down Louis's light brown skin, his arms lifted behind his back as he stretched his muscles.

His thoughts focused in, and they kept switching continuously between Avery and then to Zayn. Avery this, Avery that, Zayn this, Zayn that.

"Liam hello? Do you need something?"

Liam tilted his head slightly and locked his eyes onto Louis's face.

His mouth fell agape and he messily stumbled around his words, "I-uh.Zayn?"

Louis cracked up with laughter. His smirk morphed into a wide grin but there was something that flashed in his dark eyes; curiosity.

"Zayn?" he asked, his eyebrows elevating.

"Yeah. You two?" Liam bit down onto his lower lip.

"Us two? Liam honey, talk a little more clearly, you're not making any sense," Louis said, shaking his head.

A moment passed and Liam deepened himself into the meaning behind his thoughts and what exactly he was trying to get at.

"I don't know how to," he finally responded.

"How to what?"

"Make sense."

"I'll tell you what, we head to the change rooms now and take nice a warm shower and "I'll take you for a coffee afterwards okay? My treat" was what Louis had suggested to Liam.

And now, forty-five minutes later- the two of them were seated around a table in a small coffee shop down the road.

Liam stared down at his ice mocha latte, his thoughts bubbling away. If possible the coffee was only making it worse. But he knew Louis hadn't invited him for coffee specifically, he had given the boy a silent offer to talk.

Talk about his feelings. Something Liam never did unless it was towards a girl he had taken interest in-but even then, the feelings weren't deep he just wanted a hook up.