5🦋

Zayn squinted his eyes at Liam's words, and he breathed out amusement-a small snicker wavering under his breath.

"That's funny Payne, real funny."

Liam grinned, showing off his pearly white teeth, "I don't think it's that hard of a task."

Zayn shook his head, and darted his eyes around the room, looking everywhere except Liam.

"Why even try?"

His voice was a whisper, and Liam recognised it to be almost sad and empty-like suddenly the whole dynamic in the atmosphere had shifted and Liam didn't quite know how to handle it.

"Well. I bet you're a great guy. And someone like you, someone who's quiet and isolated, you just hide that part away from everyone else. And you don't let anyone in" Liam said after a moment, hoping he didn't say something wrong.

"Yeah just fuck off" Zayn muttered, "Isn't this something you normally do?"

"What?" Liam frowned.

"When you try getting a girl. Do you usually chat with their siblings or something? Is that just an aspect of your whole scheme to make it seem like you actually, genuinely like her?"

Liam's eyes widened as Zayn spoke- the string of words making him completely baffled and confused.

"What..? No. I don't do that. I don't use girls like that." Liam replied, doing well in keeping his demeanour calm.

"Really? So what about what happened with Valeria Garcia? Chloe Rodgers? Sadie Hunters? Himari Gori? Shall l keep going on?" Zayn quizzed, raising an eyebrow.

Liam's mouth fell agape, "Dude what the. Do you fucking keep track of all the girls I date?"

Zayn simply laughed, "Please. The whole school knows when you date a girl and dump one. You have a reputation, a list of names and I do not want Avery's name on that list"

A long, heavy sigh escaped Liam's lips and he ran his fingers through his mop of messy brown hair as he tried not to get too worked up.

"You don't get it. I'm not like that anymore. I don't plan on being like that with Avery because what I feel for her is genuine. And some of those relationships were real, but Avery is a whole new level of realism. She's perfect" Liam explained, his thoughts bleeding into words as he confessed his feelings.

Zayn though, wasn't having any of it, "I don't believe you. I'm not going to give into anything that you say so fucking stop messing with my sister and stop trying to talk to me."

Liam groaned audibly and allowed Zayn to storm off to his room, leaving Liam alone in the kitchen to wonder with his thoughts.

Zayn hated him, he didn't trust him, he didn't want to talk to him, he wanted him to back off from Avery, he didn't think once when putting him in his place, he avoided him as much as possible, he somehow knew of every fuck up he had made and was ready to use it against him and it all irked Liam so much.

Zayn wasn't as easy to persuade as his sister was to like him, that is.

And yet here he was, aching and itching to keep trying to make all of that switch around completely and he had no idea why he even wanted to, but he did.

"There you are. What took you so long?" Avery asked when Liam re-entered into her room.

"You didn't get snacks," She noted as he sat down in her desk chair and spun it around so he was facing her.

He was fitted in a comfy grey hoodie and some sweatpants that he had brought with him to the game so he could change into afterwards.

His team lost by the way, much to Liam's dismay but his mood was immediately lifted when Avery invited him over.