Eleven

Harry

I was just about the fall asleep when my phone rang, I'd been up since 6am and I'd tried to stay awake for Harper and Sienna to come back but sleep was calling me and I assumed they were stuck in traffic.

I wanted to ignore the call when I saw that it was a number I didn't recognise but then I thought that maybe Harper's phone had died and she was using a strangers to contact me.

My method of thinking is weird but I answered anyway.

"Hello?"

"Hello, yes is this Harry Styles?"

I was about the put the phone down rolling my eyes, I assumed a fan had got my number. But what they said next stopped me.

"I'm Dr Lowten from Ealing Hospital, your girlfriend Harper Fletcher and daughter Sienna Fletcher were admitted here. You're her contact to call."

"Uh," I stand beginning to get myself ready as fast as I can. "What's happened? What.. why? Why are they there?" I start to grab for things I don't even know I need.

"They've been involved in a car collision,"

"Are they okay? Is it bad? What's going on?"

"It's best if you come to the hospital so we can talk it through, that way you can be supported."

"Right, fine.. I'll be there, I'm on my way."

I end the call and grab my car keys heading towards the car.

. . .

When I arrive a nurse shows me to the ward Harper is on, the doctor from the call stood outside her room waiting for me.

He holds his hand out as I approach. "Dr Lowten,"

"Harry,"

"Right so," He walks me over to some seats and I sit with him.

"Harper, Sienna and the driver of the car were on the motorway when the driver of another vehicle who I believe was drunk collided into them. The driver passed away."

I swallow hard.

"The driver of Miss Fletcher's car is on life support-"

"And Harper?" I couldn't wait any longer.

"She's doing well. Brain scans were all clear, she luckily escaped any injuries to the head. She has a broken ankle which has already been operated on, three broken ribs and a lot of bruises. The baby seems to be okay but-"

My eyes widen. "Wait.. what? Baby?"

"Yes, Miss Harper is nine weeks pregnant. Did you not know?"

Pregnant? Harper's pregnant? Does she know? If so, why hasn't she told me?

"H-how's Sienna?"

"She is able to sit up and talk. No major injuries. Harper had lay across Sienna to stop her from getting hurt. She mainly has bruises and whiplash, a bit of a mixed up memory but she will recover just fine."

That was a relief, but I couldn't shake off the fact that Harper is pregnant. She must have known.

I tried to recall all the times it might have been obvious but I can't, was she that good at hiding it? Or did she not know?

Nine weeks is a long time.. Why wouldn't she tell me?

When I was allowed to go in I took a deep breath, she was hooked up to machines, they wanted to monitor her over night in case something changed.

She wasn't awake, they had to put her to sleep to perform checks and operations. I look at her stomach, placing a hand on it. There was the slightest bump, not noticeable as yet, but I could feel it.

The baby, our baby.

I just wanted to know why she was hiding this from me. What else is she hiding?