Twenty

Harper

Today was an off day, I cancelled therapy, took Sienna to school, got back into bed and shut the world out.

I had a nightmare, I was in a car clutching a baby to my chest as the car span out of control, I wasn't driving - I couldn't see the driver. As we were about to crash the baby slipped from my arms and I woke up.

I woke at 4am and I haven't slept since. I watch as my clock turns from 10:03 to 10:04 and I close my eyes trying to get some sleep.

I hear Harry sigh as he walks in from his morning jog. "Babe,"

I ignore him and continue to stare at our new curtains, I'd bought them whilst I was on a splurge, they weren't needed but I wanted them. A pretty latte colour with blue flecks within the material.

"Come on, let's go on a date." Harry suggests. "You've been doing so well these past three weeks, one week left with your ankle support, two and a bit weeks until our big holiday.. come on,"

I shake my head. "I want to stay here,"

"Fine,"

I hear Harry get under the covers.

"What are you doing?" I frown.

"I'm staying in here all day too,"

"You can't stay in bed all day, Harry."

"Then neither can you,"

And that's what snapped me out of my low.

"Okay," I sigh. "Let me shower.. then we can do something,"

He smirks lifting me up bridal style, I scream taken off guard. "I've been for a run, I smell.. let's bathe together." He kisses my forehead before heading for our en suite.

. . .

Harry and I ended up in our local cinema, we couldn't go too far as I'd have to pick Sienna up from school soon after, so a cinema date was what we agreed on.

"I don't know when I last came to the cinema," I stuff my mouth with another handful of popcorn.

"We came together last year, for that spy film or whatever it was you wanted to watch," Harry rolls his eyes at the memory.

"Hey!" I pout. "That was a good film,"

"So good it made you forget the last time you came here," He smirks.

Touchè.

We find our screen and head towards the middle row, I've never liked being too close to the screen but I've never been one to sit right on the back row either.

"This is nice," I smile settling into my seat. There were three or four other couples here dotted around, it wasn't busy which I was dreading.

"It's very nice,"

"It's nice to have a date day, we haven't in months."

Harry nods, he then throws some popcorn and I catch it in my mouth. We do the same game back and fourth until the trailers start, then we cuddle into one another and get ready for the film.

. . .

"..That was the most boring thing I've ever seen in my life," I moan.

"It wasn't that bad," Harry sighs taking my hand as the paps show up to take photos of us walking to his car.

Once in the car I put the music on and sing as loud as I possibly can, Harry laughing at me as I do my own interpretive dance.

"I wish I could video that," Harry smirks.

"Too bad you can't,"

"You're my own personal entertainer?"

I kiss his cheek. "Always babe,"

. . .

Arriving back home I pick up the mail from the floor, one particular envelope catches my eye.

It's from America.

Opening it quickly I take out the hand written letter, and scan to the bottom.

Your mother, Florence Whitehead.