1

Amara zealand

"Hey, Mila." I said as I walked inside the coffee shop. Mila is my bestfriend for 17 years, yes we still going strong. Mila is like my younger sister, I'm older then her by 1 year.

"Hey mar." She replied as I clocked in and went to place my things away in the back. I only work 5 hours since I'm very close with Gloria, our boss.

She's in her late 50's, she's like a second mom to me. Today wasn't as busy today but thats what I like.

I placed on my apron and went to help Mila who was doing mutiple orders. "How have you been? With Derek?" I teased and nudged her as I placed the coffee top on the cup.

She sucked her teeth and giggled. "Gooddd." She replied and I glanced over at her to see she's smiling ear to ear.

"Is he treating you right?" I asked as I turned around and went to serve the women her latte but instead I seen a humongous line.

"Holy-"

"Yeah, enough talking. Get to working." Gloria randomly said making us both look her way and nod our heads.

-

I served the last pastry and glanced up at the clock to see it was time to clock out. I turned my back towards the register and door as I made me a iced coffee.

The bell rung and Mila quickly spoke, "I got it!". "Thanks." I softly said as I took off my apron and went to hang it up in the back before coming back to retrieve my drink.

I turned around to see a large, muscular fine white man. I didn't know I was attracted to white boys till now.

"Is that it?" Mila shrieked clearly flustered from some reason. "That's all." His deep accented voice rasped.

Oh now I know why she was flustered. I caught myself staring so I quickly looked down and leaned off the counter.

"Hey, I'm going to be heading out." I told Mila and looked up to see his Grey like eyes on me. His gaze was so intense and- and just so addicting.

I didn't notice the tattoos that were all over his neck that disappeared in his shirt. He's covered in ink I just know it.

"Okay, text me when you get home and please stay safe. It's cold out there." Mila replied and I hummed.

"Will do."

I grabbed my things and zipped up my puffer. It was bat shit cold like it always is in New York. Especially Brooklyn.

I went to grab the door but a large hand grabbed it for me making me glance back to see the male looking straight down at me.

"Thanks." I softly said and gave a small smile and he displayed a cold look and nodded. I walked out and immediately the cold frosty air hit me.

Nearly I was shaking in my boots but thank the lords my apartment isn't to far from here walking distance.

I would take the subway but durning this time of the year it's always so packed and I'll be damned if I drive. You'll be in traffic for years.

I tucked my hands in my pockets and walked even though every part of my body was frosting.

"Would you like a ride?" Someone said making me turn around to see the same male standing tall clearly not fazed by the cold because he's wearing a suit and a undershirt that's slightly unbuttoned to reveal a cold chain.

"No, I'm fine. My apartment is close but thanks." I politely said and his eyes stayed locked on mine.

"Seems other wise, your shaking." He deeply said and I didn't even realize. "Just let me give you a ride." He said before taking a sip of his coffee.

By the look he was giving me, he wasn't going to take a no for a answer. "How do I know I can trust you?" I asked and he chuckled flashing his white straight teeth.

"I'm not no psycho. I'm just trying to do a kind gesture and get you home so you wouldn't freeze to death." He said and I groaned.

"Fine." I huffed out and he broke a jaw dropping smile before turning on his heels.

-

" I appreciate the ride." I said as I looked outside the window to see small snow flakes were coming down.

"You were going to need it or you possibly were going to have hypothermia. It's 20 degrees out bellissima." He rasped before glancing over at me as I noticed we were getting close to my apartment.

"It's not my first time." I softly said with a chuckle but he didn't respond back. "You don't have a car?" He asked and I shook my head.

"It's New York, I'm not sitting in traffic every single day. I don't have the patience." I stayed very seriously and he chuckled as he rubbed his clean neat stubble.

"Reasonable." He deeply said as he parked infront of my apartment. I went to reach for the door but he stopped me.

"I'll get it." He said as I looked over at him to see his grey eyes pierced on my brown ones. How in the hell is his eyes grey, is that possible?

He opened the door for me and immediately the cold breeze hit me. He held out his hand and I instantly took it.

Something about the connection we're giving unexplainable vibes. I think he noticed too because he glanced at our hands before looking down at me.

I quickly took my hand out his hold leaving mine cold. I promised myself I wasn't going to do relationships anymore and focus on my mental health.

"Thanks again." I said before brushing by him but he grabbed my wrist gently. "I didn't catch your name bellissima." He gently said as I looked up at him.

I took my wrist out his hand and gave a small smile before turning my back on him to walk inside my building.

X

Votes, comments, thoughts?