22| Nothing isn't the same anymore

6 months later

6 months later

Hearing the door bust open, Mercedes jumped up out of her sleep and looked up to see Kevin running in frantically. He was dressed in all black and tears stained his cheeks. "We have to get you out of here. Come on!" He gritted lowly while trying to reach out to grab Mercedes. Instantly she shook her head and started to scoot back away from him. "Please don't start this. I always tell you I'm not going to hurt you! I'm trying to get you out while he's out."

Mercedes stared at him for a few moments trying to decide should she listen to him. Of course Kevin had helped her before but this time James was in the house and she couldn't stand what would happen to either of them. "H-he's going to catch us. I can't." She shook her head.

"He's not going to catch you and that's all that matters. Please Salanii." Kevin pleaded with her.

Mercedes just stared at him for a couple more seconds before she grabbed his hand and helped her up. He quickly led her out the room before picking up her frail body and carrying her up the steps of the basement. The decision to free her was an impulsive decision he'd made once he'd heard the back door close implying that James had left. After being forced to watch James violate her last night and then watched how he'd beat her afterwards had shook him to his core. He'd decided that he no longer could sit back and not do anything about it so tonight was the night he was going to change it all.

Once he got her to the front door, he put her down and grabbed her face making her look into his eyes. Dried tears stained her cheeks while one of her eyes was black and blue and her lip was busted and chapped. "I-I'm going to open the door and when I do, I want you to run down the street as fast as you can and don't look back." He nervously told her. "I-I want you to keep running until you come across someone you look like you can trust and tell them to call the cops and wait with you and when the cops get to you, I want you to tell them that your name is Salanii Gizelle Jones and you've been kidnapped since your were 3. They should know who you are and then I want you to give them this address. 2167 Calvert street. Do you understand?"

"Y-yes." Mercedes stuttered just as Kevin heard his fathers car pulling up in the back.

"Shit." He cursed to himself before standing back up and grabbing the hammer he had sitting by the door, he started to quickly try to knock the latch off the door while Mercedes stared at the back door in fear.

"T-the car door shut." She stuttered.

Kevin reached back and swung the hammer again this time knocking the latch off and pulling the door open just ass the back door opened and James saw what Kevin was doing. "AYE!" He yelled and dropped the bags before starting to rush over to Kevin.