31|Looking better, Doing better, Living better

3 months later

3 months later

Standing in the mirror, Mercedes admired her new look not knowing how to feel about it

Standing in the mirror, Mercedes admired her new look not knowing how to feel about it. 3 days ago she had stood in the mirror and decided to chop all her hair off to complete her fresh new start to life. Her business was doing better than ever with their new launch, her new store in Miami was almost ready, her relationship with almost everyone was great and she was feeling like a brand new person after growing through her trauma and spending time with herself to learn who she was.

Mercedes had learned that she loved to paint, she loved spending time outdoors, she loved spending time dancing and having fun and she loved smiling. Over the past month she'd taken time to work on her business and get it back right, she had took a solo trip to Cabo and in 2 weeks she was heading to Bali with Georgia, Kaleb, Harmony and her man, Hendrix and Kato, Sa'lai, and maybe Kevin.

A month ago her and Sa'lai had finally sat down and talked through their issues. Mercedes apologized for how she'd acted and that she was in a dark space at the time. Sa'lai had quickly accepted her apology considering how much she missed her sister.

Today, Mercedes had to make amends with one more person to feel like she'd overcome everything. Kevin. Kevin was the last person she had yet to talk to despite him saving her from being raped that night. Mercedes had consulted with her therapist about him and they both agreed that Kevin had never done any harm to Mercedes without being forced to. Her therapist helped her see that all this time Kevin had been her savior. Her light at the end of the tunnel in a dark time. Kevin had saved her in the 2 most traumatic events in her lifetime and it was time that she showed him she was grateful instead of showing him hatred.

After snapping a few photos and frowning her face up in the mirror, Mercedes headed out the bathroom to see Hendrix sprawled out on her bed. "I thought you had a flight to catch to New York. Why you still here?" She questioned plopping down next to him.

Hendrix looked over at her. "I was waiting for you to bring your pretty ass out the bathroom so I can give you a kiss before I left out." He frowned. "You tryna rush me out like you ain't about to not see me for a week."